Dj's United

Ipod Set List Set Up

Hi lads, I am attending a party SAT night and a friend wanted me to put a party mix on the IPOD, they are pluggin it into the house system in the bar. I will do the playlist on Itunes but does anyone know how to set the playlist up so it fades into songs etc, no Gaps. Just so it's seemless. :D

Dave go into

Edit > Preferences > Playback > Crossfade

You will have to mess around until you feel it is mixing them ok, I have used this in the past when doing music for friend parties with mixed results, it is ok as long as you are among friends who understand why you are not behind the decks but i wouldn't recommend it normally, although I do find it better than the virtual DJ mixer. I usually find that I can't relax and end up behind the decks myself after a few hours as you can't beat a live DJ, after all i-tunes can't take requests or talk over the mic (Yet :( ).

Best of luck with it

www.tipperarypartydj.com

Dave go into

Edit > Preferences > Playback > Crossfade

You will have to mess around until you feel it is mixing them ok, I have used this in the past when doing music for friend parties with mixed results, it is ok as long as you are among friends who understand why you are not behind the decks but i wouldn't recommend it normally, although I do find it better than the virtual DJ mixer. I usually find that I can't relax and end up behind the decks myself after a few hours as you can't beat a live DJ, after all i-tunes can't take requests or talk over the mic (Yet :( ).

Best of luck with it

Tks a mill, I am actually attening the party and didnt want to get involved in actually DJing so suggested I would have back ground music. Appreciate your help, this should do the trick. :Thumbup:

No Prob, enjoy it. Maybe you should have a listen after you have done your list if you get a chance, to make sure it mixes ok and there are no anomolies like a song with a very long outro etc, but i-tunes will do fine for what you are looking for.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

There is a way to get rid of the gaps when putting the music onto your ipod though - put all the songs in a playlist, highlight them, right hand click, go to 'get info' 'options' then you have tickbox for gapless album - a bit more brutal than fading, but at least it will get rid of the gaps between the songs..