Dj's United

To Buy Or Not To Buy - That Is The Question.....

Hey folks,

I've been thinking of getting a laser for a while now and would like something with dmx. Ideally I'd like two - one for each end of the rig. Saw thid on ebay and looks to be like a good job but it has to be from china at that price - is it a waste of money and time - will I be needing another one after the 2nd knock in the back of the car?

click here

Cheers

That's what puts me off too. I've seen some red/green/yellow scanning lasers on ebay that look really good at a fraction of the price of the equivalent named brand but knowing my luck it'll be made out of cardboard, tin foil and sellotape and fall to bits/go up in smoke after a few weeks.

I've been so close to buying one many times now but it's always the 'what if it goes wrong' question that ends up putting me off :damn:

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

Does anybody know a good supplier of branded stuff? Not paying through the nose for it.

I have a local disco centre but he's stupidly expensive in comparison to what I can get online and doesn't work with me on bulk buys.

I see maplin have started a range of KAM Lasers and I've also been looking at Thomman.

I really want a simple but effective dmx laser show consisting of say two lights that do that whole wide beam paning motion through smoke. Any suggestions?

I personally would only buy this type of product from a reputable UK supplier.

You will get the service and back up if the unit goes wrong.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Ray I take where you are coming from......I just think I get better deals online - any suppliers you could suggest?

Ray I take where you are coming from......I just think I get better deals online - any suppliers you could suggest?

There is nothing wrong with buying online try some of the larger UK based suppliers.

Guidlford sound and light, Westend DJ etc

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

• 4 months later...

Hi fella i have 2 shinp 50mw green laser systems which come of ebay shipped from china £80 a peice full dmx they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! would recomend to any one if you contact me with your email i will send you a vid of them in master slave if you want...(in smoke of course :) )

I would highly recommend the equiox polaris just got one at weekend, 270mw green and purple laser for £200 brand new with free delivery

In my humble opinion, one definately not to miss is the Equinox Atria Laser. Complete floor, ceiling and wall filler. DMX obviously and sound to light. Did a wedding a couple of weeks ago and even had an "off duty" fellow dj admiring it and wishing he had purchased that one instead of one twice the money. Round about £200 but well worth the cash.