Dj's United

Questions Are Potential Buying Signals

A while ago I responded to an email wedding enquiry and sent a .pdf copy of my brochure which covers most questions. I know the venue, which is relatively exclusive and not cheap.

One month later I received a further email asking for a price. This is shown quite clearly in the brochure but I responded anyway with the details.

One week later I received another email to let me know that the clients now had to decide between a few DJ services. The email contained 4 questions that were covered already in the brochure. I sent the answers anyway.

However there was a 5th question asking if the fee would be negotiable and I began to wonder if it was a wind-up.

My answer has been given already but what would be your reaction?

I had a similar experience a couple of moths ago with questions going back and forth.

My clients admitted that the didn't read the information that I had sent them.

I had also been asked if my price was negotiable my reply was yes but I would remove some of the extras to suit their budget.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I wouldn't offer any deals via email, its not clear if you've spoken to them.

I'd request a call to chat about what they need, and explain this may allow you to provide a better quote with all the information being known.

This way, its not an obvious discount - just a re-quote based on all the required information.

I've got a similar client who has a wedding in Greenwich Yacht Club -they have been difficult to reach (traveling overseas), and so my quote did include "hassle factor" -Parking/Unloading and other stuff.

Now they are back, and have started to hint that the in-house DJ is cheaper, I've explained that the quote was based on some assumptions, and we should speak to finalise details- and that will allow me to give my best and accurate quote.

They're up for this and we will be speaking in a few days- if I can park there for free (or at their cost), and unloading is ok, then they will see a reduction, and I get less hassle.

Jason

I wouldn't offer any deals via email, its not clear if you've spoken to them.

I'd request a call to chat about what they need, and explain this may allow you to provide a better quote with all the information being known.

This way, its not an obvious discount - just a re-quote based on all the required information.

Jason

As a point of interest a telephone chat and/or face to face meeting was offered 3 times but not taken up.

I know what they need - their emails have been detailed enough and I know the venue and how it all works there.

I have made the point that booking now, for next year, is at this year's rate (7% lower than next year).

Otherwise my fees are non-negotiable.