Dj's United

Music For An 18th?

Hi guys,

My next gig is next weekend - an 18th birthday (girl). I was pretty confident in my music collection, but now it is getting closer Im a little nervous...

This is an 18th, where the majority of guests will be around that age although there will be a mixture of age groupsl, family etc.

I have asked for a list of "myst play" tunes, or at least the type of tunes the birthday girl would like, but as she is busy with exams she does not think she will have time to put one together.

Can anyone advise what music will go down well? I was thinking things like Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce, Cascada, Girls Aloud etc - but friends of mine have said they would probably like Garage, Bassline etc - which are genres I know little about. I have got all the recent Now albums etc, and a couple of R&B albums too.

Ive got loads of 60s/70s/80s/ party type tunes, but I guess they will want mainly the newer stuff.

Can anyone suggest a few "must have" tunes, and if Garage/Bassline might be a good idea?

Ive had a look at the playlists and they were really useful, but it is more the current newer tunes I need help with.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Edited by markyb

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

I can't help much - this could vary quite a bit.

I often put request sheets on tables - ie A4 with title/artist/comment with space for 10 or so requests.

I also keep my contract details (mobile/email/www) on these, and a quick explanation that they can file the sheet with favorite tracks and we'll try our best to play them.

It works well - you do get certain tables dominating the music, but if they're up and dancing, I'm generally have to be guided by them...

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thats a really good idea - I always invite requests and have a clipboard with a request sheet next to the deckstand, but putting a sheet on the table is a fantastic idea.

All I need to do now is make sure I have the music with me on the night!

Many thanks,

Mark

07825 641 090

The lines are blurring between the genres but ...

R&B

Jay Sean - Down

Beyonce - Single Ladies

Rihanna - Rude Boy

Pitbull

timberland - carry out / if we ever meet again

Flo Rida

Chipmunk

Akon - Beutiful / sex chick

kid Kudi

Older R&B

Beyonce - Crazy in love

Eve - Tamborine

Sean Paul

ODB - Got you Money

try ..

tinie tempah followed by pendulum ? for a bit of drum and bass feel

Rave it up towards the end

Basshunter, Cascada, Manian, Dizze Rasca, Hands up for Detroit, Scooter

Bassline

... look at Wideboys Remixes, Addicted to Bas Albums, Steve AOki - I'm in the House

.... warm it up lots of chart hits, cheryl, etc

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

Try the Kiss 100 fm playlist its what my teenagers listen to.

Did a 60th birthday at the weekend with quite a few teenagers and they all loved the cheese

Sean

Thanks guys!

Thanks Dave - exactly the sort of thing I was after - much appreciated!

Yesterday I had a playlist returned by the customer, wihch I was suprirsed includes quite a bit of cheesy music, so it looks like there will be a good mix.

My sub is in for repair at the moment, but Im hoping it is back ready for next weekend as I guess 18 year olds expect a bit more "thump" with their bass!

I will make sure I report back and let you know how it goes - thanks again,

Mark

07825 641 090