Dj's United

Setting Up Maya 44 Sound Card For Pcdj Professional

Hi guys,

As you might have read on one of my earlier posts, I had a problem recently where I was losing one side of the stereo on one of my channels when using PCDJ recently.

I had a laptop running PCDJ Professional (approx 7 years old, I think), with an Audiotrax Maya7 external USB sound card. The sound card has 2 sets of phono's going into channels 1 and 2 of my mixer.

I checked the cables, and they are fine, so the problem must be with the sound card.

I was advised that a new MAYA 44 sound card would be a suitable replacement, so I obtained one this week. However, when I connect it up to the computer and mixer, I only get output from channel 1 - nothing from channel 2. I called the ESI helpdesk, and they said it needs to be set up in a specific way. I was advised not to install the provided drivers, as my version of PCDJ is not ASIO (I had not installed them anyway as the device was detected when I connected it), and told that it DOES work with my operating system, Windows XP Professional - if it is set up right.

Can anyone advise how I go about setting up the computer to make the new sound card work?

I have a gig this weekend, and would love to have it working by then if possible!

If you need any more info, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Mark

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Hi guys,

As you might have read on one of my earlier posts, I had a problem recently where I was losing one side of the stereo on one of my channels when using PCDJ recently.

I had a laptop running PCDJ Professional (approx 7 years old, I think), with an Audiotrax Maya7 external USB sound card. The sound card has 2 sets of phono's going into channels 1 and 2 of my mixer.

I checked the cables, and they are fine, so the problem must be with the sound card.

I was advised that a new MAYA 44 sound card would be a suitable replacement, so I obtained one this week. However, when I connect it up to the computer and mixer, I only get output from channel 1 - nothing from channel 2. I called the ESI helpdesk, and they said it needs to be set up in a specific way. I was advised not to install the provided drivers, as my version of PCDJ is not ASIO (I had not installed them anyway as the device was detected when I connected it), and told that it DOES work with my operating system, Windows XP Professional - if it is set up right.

Can anyone advise how I go about setting up the computer to make the new sound card work?

I have a gig this weekend, and would love to have it working by then if possible!

If you need any more info, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Mark

I have a Maya card in my 00DJ, You should be able to set it up via the CFG optionds on the PCDJ software you are using, goto pcdj and download relevent drivers from there!

Thanks DJDJ,

The problem is that the Maya 44 drivers are ASIO, but the verion of PCDJ I use (Red Pro, 8 or 9 years old) does not support this. I eventually found a helpdesk and it appears it only works in 1 channel mode on the older versions of PCDJ, which of course is not use to me!

So, I bit the bullet and bought a new computer set up - latest PCDJ software, brand new lapton, new sound card, all configured and set up from pcdj.co.uk. I know I could have saved money by buying everything separately elsewhere, but I like to deal with pcdj.co.uk as they are always very helpful!

At least I will now have a 250GB hard drive, so I cal re-rip all my music at 320bps rather than the current 160bps, and fit EVERYTHING I have on there. My current hard drive is less than 20GB, so I only had the "most reqeusted" songs on the laptop.

It was a big expense I wasn't expecting, but it will make life easier in the long run!

Cheers, Mark.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

• 5 months later...

In a similar vein re - PCDJ with a MAYA44, I have a mate who has bought a Maya44 to use with his PCVJ for the first time; having successfully used the laptop audio on its own for a year or so but now wanting the luxury of 2-player output so he can cue up with his usual DJ mixer.

However the Maya44 makes the laptop crash intermittently, and makes the laptop more susceptible to external mains interference; for example switching on a light effect might make windows restart etc; something that never happens with the inbuilt soundcard.

This sounds queer to me...anyone else had similar problems?

I've had interference from a fog machine - I hit the fog and the USB stopped working/disconnected. Replugged the Maya44 back in and it worked again after that... Was using Traktor at the time. Not quite sure what caused it though.. But it was annoying... Possibly could have been lack of surge supression on the mains lead though.. ?

See other HD2500 thread I posted on - I played a single track off of that whilst using Traktor (later in the evening), to unplug and replug in the Acme Dynaroll which somehow the gobo wheel was out by one index (so putting it into White, actually showed nothing), Selecting the Green/magenta X actually showed the White/Open gobo - most annoying!

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

• 2 weeks later...

I've had interference from a fog machine - I hit the fog and the USB stopped working/disconnected. Replugged the Maya44 back in and it worked again after that... Was using Traktor at the time. Not quite sure what caused it though.. But it was annoying... Possibly could have been lack of surge supression on the mains lead though..

Cheers,

David

How about if the laptop wasnt plugged into the mains running from battery... does it still get spiked?

not normal for a spike to get through the laptop psu...

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk