Dj's United

Info Please Cd Catalogue Software

Morning all,

It's been a while since I posted on here (always read up on what's happening though).

I'm after some software that I can use to catalogue my CD collection and then print for easy reference at gigs.

I did have some software a couple of years ago, all I needed to do was put a cd in my disc drive, it'd be added to the database then I printed out the list by artist etc for reference. However, that won't work in a vista laptop (I've lost the disc anyway) so want to get something new.

Any pointers would be great, obviously the cheaper the better, if there's any free software that you guys know about that I can download then even better

Cheers

Chris

Morning all,

It's been a while since I posted on here (always read up on what's happening though).

I'm after some software that I can use to catalogue my CD collection and then print for easy reference at gigs.

I did have some software a couple of years ago, all I needed to do was put a cd in my disc drive, it'd be added to the database then I printed out the list by artist etc for reference. However, that won't work in a vista laptop (I've lost the disc anyway) so want to get something new.

Any pointers would be great, obviously the cheaper the better, if there's any free software that you guys know about that I can download then even better

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

I use Collectorz.com Music Collector 8.7 Pro (although I believe they have now brought out an even better version). It is not expensive at all, is easy to use and I have used it for years now without any problem. As you say, you can stick the CD to be catalogued into the CD drive on your computer and get the software to scan it for identification then it searches the various databases that it uses and gives you the choice as to which of the sources that it finds details for that disc to use. I think if you want to download it you need to go to www.collectorz.com/music and you have the option of taking a free trial, or download the basic version at £24.95 or the pro version at £39.95.