Dj's United

Advice On Revamping My Website

Hi All

I now have the summer off from University (I am a full time Mature Student who Sings and Dj's to pay my way through Uni)

I have been doing the entertaining for about three years now and really enjoy what I do :D

However the number of enquiries I am getting is falling away somewhat from what I would usually expect so I think a revamp of my website is in order.

The site can be found at http://www.davidthomasentertainments.co.uk/

I have a couple of videos of me singing live to add during the revamp, but any suggestions Good or Bad would be welcomed (just be nice!)

So I throw myself upon the wisdom of my peers :pro:

Thankyou

Hi All

I now have the summer off from University (I am a full time Mature Student who Sings and Dj's to pay my way through Uni)

I have been doing the entertaining for about three years now and really enjoy what I do :D

However the number of enquiries I am getting is falling away somewhat from what I would usually expect so I think a revamp of my website is in order.

The site can be found at http://www.davidthomasentertainments.co.uk/

I have a couple of videos of me singing live to add during the revamp, but any suggestions Good or Bad would be welcomed (just be nice!)

So I throw myself upon the wisdom of my peers :pro:

Thankyou

First thing...

DITCH THE MUSIC!!!!!

Sitting here on a quiet terrace, and suddenly hearing music blaring out of my speakers wasn't cool. Imagine if I were bride looking to book you, whilst she should be working in the office! Your site could get he in trouble, and at best would mean she would be clicking that close/back button very quickly...

The Sample Songs section allows me to hear what you provide as a volcalist, so stongly advise removing the automatic playback of music.

Remove the hidden text from the bottom of the page. It has no positive SEO effect, and would really annoy anyone who wanted to print off the site to show partners.

If you want to target any of these places, why not create a page for each of them with content. You'll get much better results that way. Obviously, that is harder work than listing everything on one page and hoping something will stick.

If you want to be a wedding vocalist, why not create a specific wedding page, explaining what you will provide?

The header image is pretty large. I'd suggest using a JPG for the photo elements, and then a transparent GIF overlaid for the text.

You'll get much better load times. The current PNG is 175KB - too large IMO.

I'm not keen on packages, and prefer to work to what each client needs. How about your packages as "previous systems"? List the reasons why clients may wish to use each "package"? This could be size, a dislike of Disco/Recorded Music, or any other reason you can think of.

This way, when you get enquiries, you can talk about how certain set-ups worked for other clients and instill confidence that you've provided this all before.

Jason