Dj's United

Ok

So I am doing alot more Karaoke these days and like wirless Microphones better than wired ones,

I bought some not to long ago - http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26082&hl=

but thought I'd try something a little different!

http://www.sunflykar...fly-Wi_Mic.aspx

I was surprised by how good these things are, OK for £100 A PAIR, They may not be the best in the world but the sound quality and range is very good!

The mics run on 2 AA batteries and are a little lighter than I would have expected,

They each have Dipswitch arangement near the battery so that you can change the channel settings. the freq is just below 800mhz.

The Receiver unit is quite small with only one jack output! and no aerials!,

The front of the unit has a led diplay which flickers as the singer is singing and a power button.

All in all I would reccomend these as a budget Karaoke Mic!

DJDJ

The mics are here: http://www.sunflykaraoke.com/product/Sunfly-Wi_Mic.aspx

Do you have any photos of these? Cos Sunfly only seem to have a dodgy graphic mock up of them (which is slightly annoying!). front/back of the receiver unit and microphone(s) themselves?

Cheers,

And yes I'm in the market for a new radio mic - one where I can wander about 25-30mtrs away without it breaking up!

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

One output for two mics for me that would make it unusable for Duets ..most duets one singer is a lot louder than the other and some singers try to drown out the other singer also with one out put you can only have one effect for the singers say there is a song with a guy rap and a girl singer , for the rapper you wouldn't want effects but for the singer you might, with one out put you cant do that... for £50 more you can get the

INTIMIDATION ITRANS U 216 - DUAL WIRELESS MICROPHONE SYSTEM.

This has two separate volume controls for each mic, a balanced XLR out put for both or a mixed output .. The 16 channel design allows up to 4 systems (8 mics) to be used together without interference or complex programming or routing.

The mics themselves use good dynamic cardioid direct cartridges to give a bright and clear sound, while the in-built special voice compressor-limiter prevents distortion when the vocalist voice is too loud.

The mics take 2 AA batteries each and last over eight hours on my energiser rechargeable 2000mAh batteries

LCD display for each mic on the receiver shows signal strength , singer volume and frequency ,, it comes with a rack mount ear kit. it is a true dual diversity UHF mic system on legal UK frequencies (at the moment!)

It has proved reliable and average sound quality for the price.

for the £50 more you get a whole lot more flexibility for a kj host ..but if you are really on a low budget then the Sunfly one seems reasonable value.

The sunfly mics work on 710~830 MHz now i dont know if that is a unlicensed free to use frequency in the uk or not maybe some experts here maybe able to shed a little more light , i know the USA are banning those frequencies from the 12th of June

Edited by Robster
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

INTIMIDATION ITRANS U 216 - DUAL WIRELESS MICROPHONE SYSTEM.

This has two separate volume controls for each mic, a balanced XLR out put for both or a mixed output .. The 16 channel design allows up to 4 systems (8 mics) to be used together without interference or complex programming or routing.

The mics themselves use good dynamic cardioid direct cartridges to give a bright and clear sound, while the in-built special voice compressor-limiter prevents distortion when the vocalist voice is too loud.

The mics take 2 AA batteries each and last over eight hours on my energiser rechargeable 2000mAh batteries

LCD display for each mic on the receiver shows signal strength , singer volume and frequency ,, it comes with a rack mount ear kit. it is a true dual diversity UHF mic system on legal UK frequencies (at the moment!)

It has proved reliable and average sound quality for the price.

I also have this system and find it very good. One singer dropped one of the mics off the stage last night and it had a right good fall. I was sure it was done for but worked again no problem. Sound quality and range is good and it's not too expensive either. Like rob I like the dual volume control, and it comes with wings so that you can fix it into a 19" rack, which makes transport easier and safer. Rob don't suppose you know if mics can be bought separately should one break?

www.tipperarypartydj.com

Has anyone tried walking a fair distance from the Intimidation ones? How far can you get? Are they diversity or just one receiver per microphone?

DJ David Graham

Has anyone tried walking a fair distance from the Intimidation ones? How far can you get? Are they diversity or just one receiver per microphone?

Haven't tested it properly, but I had a gig last night and one punter took it around the entire pub doing a version of total eclipse of the heart LOL, getting punters to sing along with him etc, no feedback even when he walked directly in front of the speakers. I can't ever imagine needing to go more than 40-50 feet from the receiver and they did this no problem.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

I noticed that there's a similar (if not rebadged/same chinese OEM) system by Kool Sound... spotted that on the RSD Music site...

Its more so that I can wander around the Summer Fair with a radio Mic (ideally talking in the middle of it), my KAM KWM11's have just gone even more pants than they have been previously (and that's with decent Duracel PP3 batteries)...

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that there's a similar (if not rebadged/same chinese OEM) system by Kool Sound... spotted that on the RSD Music site...

Its more so that I can wander around the Summer Fair with a radio Mic (ideally talking in the middle of it), my KAM KWM11's have just gone even more pants than they have been previously (and that's with decent Duracel PP3 batteries)...

Cheers,

David

Having used both on a couple of occasions now-

I would say the Sunfly has the edge over Intimidation ones, alot less feeback and a good range,

Although there are UHF Intimidation ones for £150 which are supposed to be even better

DJDJ

• 2 years later...