Dj's United

It has taken me months to decide whether to buy a controller and having put in a bid for one(Denon DNS1200) I now find that it doesnt recognise AAC files of which I have rather a lot.

Is it worth converting them to mp3 or go for a controller,like the Numark,that does recognise them.

Oh damn,aother decision to ponder.

I used to be indecisive,but now I am not so sure.

I'll get my coat!!

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Hi trev

are you talking about using the dns 1200 as a cd/media player only or as a controller for virtual dj / pcdj / etc.

the ideal setup is to use virtual dj etc and a midi controller like the denon as you get a hands on control with a easy to search record box in the form of the laptop, which will play all your aac files etc

sorry but as you said 'controller' i was wondering

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I am not sure I get what you mean Dave.I use a Denon D4000 for any cd's and I was going to use the 1200 to play my files from a laptop with Traktor Le that I think is on the 1200.

Originally I was going with an Hercules RMX thro my mixer but got put off the idea.

This is not a rehearsal

Hi trev, some crossed wires here somwhere

The denon dns1200 is a single table top cd/mp3 player with usb support for thumb/hdd support thats also a midi contoller via usb for software control

http://www.drumza.com/images/DenonDNS1200USBDJCDPlayer.jpg

various software progs, not sure about traktor, have native support for devices like this.

Irrespective of what you use as a controller, its the softwre that can either play acc files or not. Hope this helps

dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have finally made a start on my move over to digital dj'ing.

I bought a new Numark Total Control,with a sound card too, off ebay today.

I got it at such a good price I can't believe my luck,in fact I am quietly bricking it in case the damn thing doesn't turn up.Never having used ebay before I am afraid I am a bit wary of it as you hear so many tales about it.

Oh well onward and upward.

This is not a rehearsal

Have heard mixed reviews about the total control, never owned one though. I would guess the RMX would have been a better choice, although it runs off USB power which would worry me a bit. I use the Denon DN-HC4500 controller, terrific unit if you are ever thinking of upgrading, but it is definately worth having some sort of contrller, and if the total control was that cheap then it's worth a shot, I have a Numark DJ IO soundcard in case my denon unit ever gives up mid gig, and it works perfectly, I have owned lots of numark gear over the years and the only one that has ever let me down was a CD Mix III which began freezing up intermittently when still almost new, their stuff is good value generally IMO.

Edited by DJMickeyk

www.tipperarypartydj.com

I would guess the RMX would have been a better choice, although it runs off USB power which would worry me a bit

I use an RMX and the USB power has never caused me even the slightest problem.

I can easily run my RMX and an external USB powered HDD without a glitch although I appreciate this may not always be the case with some laptops.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

I use an RMX and the USB power has never caused me even the slightest problem.

I can easily run my RMX and an external USB powered HDD without a glitch although I appreciate this may not always be the case with some laptops.

thumbs up for the RMx from me too. love it to bits!