Dj's United

Datamoon Pcb Question

Hello,

I must admit I haven't posted for a while but having read the other datamoon threads I think I will ask for some help and advice.

I have two datamoons that I am giving the once over and both of them need a component replaced on the PCB, the location on the board is marked "C8" so I am guessing capacitors are required (can that be confirmed??), but can anyone tell me what rating these should be, and where I might get them from.

The 'moons in question are the ones built in china - if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the help,

Glenn.

Glenn Knights.

Mirage Moblile Disco

Wickham Market

Suffolk.

www.miragemobiledisco.co.uk

On mine, C8 is a 0.1uF ceramic capacitor, they may not be fitted on purpose as they are part of the HF input filter to the 5V IC regulator which usually work happily without. They've probably been left out as the resourceful chinese may have found out they don't need them.

Edited by superstardeejay

On mine, C8 is a 0.1uF ceramic capacitor, they may not be fitted on purpose as they are part of the HF input filter to the 5V IC regulator which usually work happily without. They've probably been left out as the resourceful chinese may have found out they don't need them.

Hi

Thanks for that.

The capacitors were there as I can see the remains of the old ones, however, given what you have said, do I actually need to get them replaced ?

Thanks again,

Glenn.

Glenn Knights.

Mirage Moblile Disco

Wickham Market

Suffolk.

www.miragemobiledisco.co.uk