Dj's United

Do you inflate your own auction prices ?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know - I have spent alot of time on ebay recently looking for odds and sods.

I like a bargain - but always being outbid - by the lowest amount - right at the end.

then the number of second chance offers i get is quite high - which i decline

So - anonymous - off DJ topic forum - how do you manage you ebay selling ?

Just interested.........

Speaking for self - i have never inflated a price - but know people who have asked me to do it for them - i always decline.

Equally I normally list at 99p and see what happens, because its the cheapest seller fees - gets quite exspensive these days.

I dabble a bit and have had some good results.

When I list unless I have put a reserve on it sells for price it reaches.

I recently purchased a complete disco including Cd's for a mere £55.87.

But on the downside I sold a pair of JBL Eon 15 for £49.99 so some you win and some you loose at the end of the day itidsn auction.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Ebay was supposed to be doing something about friends of sellers helping to run-up the price; however it's in ebay's interest that everything sells for as high a sum as possible so they get the commission isn't it! It's like live auctioneers running lots up off the wall.

The tactics that help a seller can also go against them as buyers of course, its a vicious circle and human nature.

Ebay was supposed to be doing something about friends of sellers helping to run-up the price; however it's in ebay's interest that everything sells for as high a sum as possible so they get the commission isn't it! It's like live auctioneers running lots up off the wall.

The tactics that help a seller can also go against them as buyers of course, its a vicious circle and human nature.

I heard that rumour, they were checking iP addresses of bidders to see if bids came from the same location as well as checking if the same people were bidding on auctions from the same seller

thats what i heard but i doubt they have done a lot to police the situation

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I dabble a bit and have had some good results.

When I list unless I have put a reserve on it sells for price it reaches.

I recently purchased a complete disco including Cd's for a mere £55.87.

But on the downside I sold a pair of JBL Eon 15 for £49.99 so some you win and some you loose at the end of the day itidsn auction.

Why would you sell a pair of JBL Eon15 on ebay rather than offer them on here at a decent price?

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Why would you sell a pair of JBL Eon15 on ebay rather than offer them on here at a decent price?

I tried several times to sell them on here and other forums but no takers.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I am not an ebay person but I have bid and won a Numark Total control and S/Card at a very good price.

Trouble is I am bricking it at the moment in case I have been fooled and the item doesnt get posted.

What is the situation if that happens?

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

I am not an ebay person but I have bid and won a Numark Total control and S/Card at a very good price.

Trouble is I am bricking it at the moment in case I have been fooled and the item doesnt get posted.

What is the situation if that happens?

The seller will have feedback, hopefully 100% or very very close. This should be seen as an indication of previous transactions, so if they have sold 100 items and each buyer gave them positive feedback, they should have 100% feedback..

If you pay with PayPal, you should be protected.

When I sell things of value, I use "signed for" (extra 70p ish). This tells me that the item was signed for, and so delivered.

This also provides me with a receipt of posting (although you can get these free if you post from a post office)

So... not sure the value of your "win", but standard 1st class post with max of £38 refund probably isn't enough.

Go recorded/signed for an extra quid or so...

Get the seller to provide a tracking number.

Most ebay transactions are safe - and previous sales are a good indication. Things do go wrong, but having proof of postage really puts any problems in the hands of Royal Mail - you can't blame the seller if Royal Mail loses the package.

I used to run an online store(s) - and had the odd issue with the post. Most items were low value, so I was normally able to take a small hit and send a replacement. For more expensive packages, I would always pay for recorded/signed for delivery.

When you do get the package, leave feedback for the seller. If there is a problem, always try to resolve before leaving negative feedback.

Jason