Dj's United

What Do You Play As The B&g Leave

Morning all

Just compiling a playlist for a wedding tomorrow night and it got me thinking the Bride & Groom are leaving 30 min before the end of the night and I am looking for an upbeat track that includes the words goodbye etc.....without resorting to the Sound of Music Goodbye Farewell :wall:

I also don't want any break up type songs (Obviously) :joe:

And I came across this one it's by The Veronicas and is called Goodbye to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3e_5Si9xKw

So as a question what does everyone else play, either as the B&G are leaving or at any other key point during the day, entrance, bouquet throw etc?

Edited by Tommo55

Have been asked to play Jump Around - "House of Pain" for the throwing of the bouquet. That was amusing. smile icon

If the clients desire a circle or arch, I'll play something up-beat. Jigs go down well.

One wedding I accidently played a track from disc 2 instead of disc 1 from a double motown compilation when the bride and groom were leaving - luckily, amongst all the cheering, no one seemed to notice 'Walking The Dog' was playing! (which I tactfully faded out as soon as I realised).

I'm tempted to say ' The boy with a thorn in his side' by The Smiths....but that would be plain childish.

How about 'Wake me up before you go go' Wham?

Morning all

Just compiling a playlist for a wedding tomorrow night and it got me thinking the Bride & Groom are leaving 30 min before the end of the night and I am looking for an upbeat track that includes the words goodbye etc.....without resorting to the Sound of Music Goodbye Farewell :wall:

I also don't want any break up type songs (Obviously) :joe:

And I came across this one it's by The Veronicas and is called Goodbye to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3e_5Si9xKw

So as a question what does everyone else play, either as the B&G are leaving or at any other key point during the day, entrance, bouquet throw etc?