Dj's United

Wav Tags For Denon Music Manager

all

have just become the proud owner of a dn-hs5500 and have spent the last ages ripping all my music to wav.

However it would appear that i have used the wrong tool - have been using CDEx (always used it) but it does not add any tag information to the files. Hence my deck, and denon music manager only show filename, nothing else, no album/artist etc.

question 1 - what should i be using to get these tags carried through properly ? i still want to rip to wav

question 2 - is there any way to salvage the 10000 wav tracks i already have ? the denon music manager allows me to alter one at a time (slow) even a "change multiples" would be better than nothing until i can back fill

Thank you all!

I've not used but have heard of music manager being used with a tag editor called 'dragon' - might be worth speaking to someone / denon ownes who have this.

This thread may also be of help.

Tagging WAV files is tricky. Using ID3 tags that MP3s use breaks the WAV container. There may be other ways but don't count on the Denon hardware/software supporting it.

i have discovered that audio grabber will do what i want - so i guess that is the place to start / continue for now on

you are right - will try the denon forums

thanks