Dj's United

Like most genres, blues means different things to different people

there are the original delta blues pioneers like robert johnson (1930's) then the 1960's blues rock form the likes of hendrix, yardbirds, cream, blues breakers, fleetwood mac, which has been an inspiration for many modern blues rock bands inc gwyn ashton, gary moore etc

personally i would look for a good mix of Cream, Yardbirds, John Mayall Blues Breakers, Jimi Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac (the early stuff was great) Eric Clapton, John lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Free, Rolling Stones, The Animals, Rory Gallagher, Johnny Winter, ZZ top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, lynard skynard, Allman brothers

Kenny wayne sheppard and john mayer are more modern blues artists

Gwyn Ashton - Trouble Knocking at your door and Gary Moore Walking by myself are good up beat dancing tracks with a rendition of walking the dog by whoever.

Black crowes - hard to handle can pass as a modern bluesy track

then you could drift into some rhythm and blues with the Blues Brothers etc and venture into some jazz and big band form Glenn Miller, Duke ellington, Miles davis

Obviously all the classic rock bands had early blues influence, deep purple, led zep, black sabbath, budgie, free, whitesnake, acdc and you may find some of that lot will drop in nicely,

So wish it was my gig!

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

A couple of good Comps that i have are

Blues brother soul Sister

and the soundtrack the the movie Blues Brothers

Good music is in the ear of the beholder or so im told

If you're looking for original USA electric blues (including a lot that originated in the late 50's/60's and is likely to be expected by blues fans) try B.B. King, Eddie Boyd, Albert King, Freddie King, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Reed, Elmore James, Buddy Guy, Bobby Bland, Little Walter, Otis Rush, Sonny Boy Williamson, Lowell Fulson, J B Lenoir, Jimmy Rogers, Bo Diddley, Little Milton, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Nighthawk, all of whose material was copied or covered by UK blues groups like The Animals, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, The Yardbirds etc. at some time.

Edited by spinner

If you're looking for original USA electric blues (including a lot that originated in the late 50's/60's and is likely to be expected by blues fans) try B.B. King, Eddie Boyd, Albert King, Freddie King, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Reed, Elmore James, Buddy Guy, Bobby Bland, Little Walter, Otis Rush, Sonny Boy Williamson, Lowell Fulson, J B Lenoir, Jimmy Rogers, Bo Diddley, Little Milton, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Nighthawk, all of whose material was copied or covered by UK blues groups like The Animals, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, The Yardbirds etc. at some time.

Great list spinner, as always!

I wonder how many different bands have covered crossroads.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk