Dj's United

Freedb - Now 76 Not Recognised

Hi guys,

I use Audiograbber to rip my CD's to MP3, and most of them are recognised by the freeDB utility which is part of Audiograbber. However, when I tried to rip Now 76 yesterday, it was not recognised.

As the Now series are really popular I was surpised that it didnt recognise it, and when I googled freeDB it seems that the service is currently offline due to maintenance.

I did not have any other CD's to hand to test, but can anyone let me know if 1) freeDB is working, and 2) if Now 76 should be recogised?

I know I could type in the details by hand, but Im not in a rush so could wait a few days.

Cheers, Mark.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Now 76 only came out this morning, so doubt anyone would have entered the details (let alone submitted it) yet!

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Thanks Gadget, I thought that might be the case. Mine arrived from Amazon a little early, so maybe if I wait a few days someone will have uploaded it. If not, I guess I could do it myself!

Cheers,

Mark

07825 641 090

Guys - try to learn how to submit.

The freeDB project relies on users submitting data.

Spending a few minutes to enter Now76 will help thousands, and I'm surprised no one has pointed out this as a solution...

Next time you rip a CD, remember that someone has to type in the details- its not automatic!

The alternative.... purchase it on download?

Jason

Thanks Jason, I had never really considered before that someone somewhere has typed them all in. I assumed that the info was provided by the record companies etc.

Apart from physically typing in the details, is it hard to do? If I have time later this week I will try and work out how to do it.

Cheers, Mark.

07825 641 090

Guys - try to learn how to submit.

The freeDB project relies on users submitting data.

Spending a few minutes to enter Now76 will help thousands, and I'm surprised no one has pointed out this as a solution...

Next time you rip a CD, remember that someone has to type in the details- its not automatic!

The alternative.... purchase it on download?

Jason

Heh, I have submitted quite a few CDs to the freedb database... Had a few rejected because of the genre-chosen clash... resubmitting is a bit of a pain as you have to put the CD back in the drawer. (And by the time I receive the email to say it was rejected I've moved onto the next CD!).

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

• 2 weeks later...

I use Easy CD-DA Extractor and can access both CDDB and Freedb as well

DjDennis
(In this crazy business for over 37+ years
CEO - Director/Manager/Entertainment Director

Also Associated with = ANDJA, Djchat, Clubdjzone, DjApproved, USODJA, CODJA, Ourdjtalk, plus more.