Dj's United

What a week.

end of the school year is supposed to be a wind down but it was quite the opposite. the day job has been a bit manic and the disco jobs have finished me off good and proper. My arms and feet ache and my heads is pounding (that may be due to too much john smiths and little sleep)

did a school disco on wed night, end of year service on thursday, another end of year disco on friday then saturday it was our turn to party (end of year party for us)

we planned and executed an outdoor party. One of our staff members has a small holding which we turned in to 'skeebyfest' (the quaint village of skeeby will never be the same again)there was BBQ's, beer, gazebos, beer, more beer, live music, tents, disco, more beer, and........more beer.

I wound up bluffing my way through several tracks with guitar in hand but the nerves, beer and rust made it hard work - bit like guitaraoke. Im not much of a singer or much of a guitarist so when you put the two toghther it gets worse. and when you factor in me being overweight, balding and not all my own teeth you could say i havent got much going for me. The mrs sing in a band and they played a few with me doing a guest apperanace on the drums ( not much of a drummer either).

the rain brought an early finish to the music followed by a sleepless night in a tent followed by 3 vanloads of gear to knock down and ship out.

Just finished unloading with a load of wet soggy gear to sort out. Im minging and darent take my boots off in fear of my socks attacking the kids.

so bring on the sympathy.

Oh the rcf rig was singing last night and it was blummin awesome. The 902 sub is unbelieveable.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Oh, the joys of summer.

Nothing like being in the middle of a field in the rain, is there? And, if in a tent, the wonderful mad dash to the toilet area through good british mud.

Then the drying out at home.

Brings back wonderful memories! :Thumbup:

You really haven't lived without the experience.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

What a week.

end of the school year is supposed to be a wind down but it was quite the opposite. the day job has been a bit manic and the disco jobs have finished me off good and proper. My arms and feet ache and my heads is pounding (that may be due to too much john smiths and little sleep)

did a school disco on wed night, end of year service on thursday, another end of year disco on friday then saturday it was our turn to party (end of year party for us)

we planned and executed an outdoor party. One of our staff members has a small holding which we turned in to 'skeebyfest' (the quaint village of skeeby will never be the same again)there was BBQ's, beer, gazebos, beer, more beer, live music, tents, disco, more beer, and........more beer.

I wound up bluffing my way through several tracks with guitar in hand but the nerves, beer and rust made it hard work - bit like guitaraoke. Im not much of a singer or much of a guitarist so when you put the two toghther it gets worse. and when you factor in me being overweight, balding and not all my own teeth you could say i havent got much going for me. The mrs sing in a band and they played a few with me doing a guest apperanace on the drums ( not much of a drummer either).

the rain brought an early finish to the music followed by a sleepless night in a tent followed by 3 vanloads of gear to knock down and ship out.

Just finished unloading with a load of wet soggy gear to sort out. Im minging and darent take my boots off in fear of my socks attacking the kids.

so bring on the sympathy.

Oh the rcf rig was singing last night and it was blummin awesome. The 902 sub is unbelieveable.

I told you that the 902 sub was an absolute cracker!

I told you that the 902 sub was an absolute cracker!

Did a gig a couple of weeks back and there was a artist playing and singing to some backing tracks( he was very good not cheesy) and it wasnt until he had scoured the stage looking for a pair of bigger subs subs, that he believed all that noise was coming from such a small box.

he went to it numerous time during the night and ended up taking pictures. god knows what it will be like with a better mixer and a graphic in the rig.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Did a gig a couple of weeks back and there was a artist playing and singing to some backing tracks( he was very good not cheesy) and it wasnt until he had scoured the stage looking for a pair of bigger subs subs, that he believed all that noise was coming from such a small box.

he went to it numerous time during the night and ended up taking pictures. god knows what it will be like with a better mixer and a graphic in the rig.

Yes a nice Denon DNX 500 would improve the sound further. I suspect your 712's don't often need a sub!