Dj's United

Setup For Tonight's Wedding Reception

Nice set up. I like the LED (?) uplighters and the means of using one to light the celebration banner.

But isn't 'white' perhaps the wrong colour for a mobile disco?, even with the best care in the world i've often gone home with dirty marks on any white attire after packing away at the end, due to excessively dirty floors / furnishings in venues. Not withstanding the potential for somebody to be dancing directly in front of you with a pint of some Blackcurrent based beverage...... :scared:

Hopefully its fully washable, otherwise I dread to think what it will look like in a few months, or, a years time.

I think it looks very nice, the coloured LEDs in the cloth are not what I would choose, I'd prefer white twinkles, but that's me ! But great effort -well done !

Great for weddings !! I've been thinking about getting something to drape over my truss and stands for weddings (95% of my work), I may get around to it....one day ;-)

The best DJ between Littlehaven Station and the Rusper Road in Horsham - Probably....

MY disco website CHEAP DJ PLI amongst several others ;-)

Just a quick vid after we'd setup this afternoon for tonight's reception. First time using the white starcloth and speaker covers, the theme is pink and we've set the par cans to match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3SKpPstebc

I like the white, however not too keen on the multicoloured flashing LEDs, which remind me of xmas lights - (its just the flashing mode they're on). Some sorta slow-glow would probably work better here, and all-white leds too...

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I am sorry I don't like it. I can see you have gone to a lot of effort to make the tripods on your speakers look nice etc but I just think it looks odd.

It reminds me of an American movie where they are about to move house and all the furniture is covered in white sheets.

Sorry to be so negative but I am only being honest.

Nik

The white looks good but I personally don't like the use of Multi Coloured LEDs looks like a christmas tree, White or Blue would have been a better choice.

Bass Bin covers look a bit as if they were thrown on as an afterthought. It looks odd as the tops are visible for me it doesn't flow visually.

Are the cloths washable? if not they will start to look tied after a couple of shows. We did a Production for a large corporate customer a couple of years ago in white, we tried cotton but it was hard to keep clean even in transit cases. We ended up using Flame retardant Satin cloth.

But on the plus side it is a very different style of show.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I think it's in keeping with the rest of the decor and the theme. I've used white front cloths on occasion when the usual black doesn't seem appropiate.

Thanks for all your comments, the wedding party enjoyed the setup so that's the main thing. All the white covers apart from the starcloth are washable. The leds can change pattern and fade same as most starcloths, we didn't have set to twinkle during the evening.