Dj's United

Which Cd Mix Should I Buy? Urgent Advice Needed Please!

Hi guys,

Ive left it a bit late but I need to buy a new CD Mixer ready for Saturday. Im thinking of a Numark CDMix1, CDMix2 or CDMix 3. Rough prices Ive seen are £200 for the Mix1, £250 for the Mix2 and £300 for the Mix3. In the past I have had a CDMix 2 as I like the anti shock, but I mostly use a laptop now so anti shock is not so important.

Given the choice, which would you buy and why? Or would you buy something else (non Numark?) I need to order something tomorrow so all advice appreciated!

Ive also noticed the Gemini combined CD Mixers - has anyone got any experience with them? Better that the Numark CD Mixers?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Edited by markyb

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

I'd have concerns around an all in one system, if one thing goes wrong youve got to relplace everything, if your mostly using laptop then why not buy a decent mixer and a cheap cd player as a backup, you can always upgrade in time if need be.

Hi guys,

Ive left it a bit late but I need to buy a new CD Mixer ready for Saturday. Im thinking of a Numark CDMix1, CDMix2 or CDMix 3. Rough prices Ive seen are £200 for the Mix1, £250 for the Mix2 and £300 for the Mix3. In the past I have had a CDMix 2 as I like the anti shock, but I mostly use a laptop now so anti shock is not so important.

Given the choice, which would you buy and why? Or would you buy something else (non Numark?) I need to order something tomorrow so all advice appreciated!

Ive also noticed the Gemini combined CD Mixers - has anyone got any experience with them? Better that the Numark CD Mixers?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Avoid the Gemini players, the build quality and sound is poor, also avoid the CDmix1 because they don't have anti shock protection. The CDMix2 and CDMix3 are both OK. I would buy (and have) the iCDMix2 since it has a better build quality than the earlier models, and you have the benefit of being able to play MP3 files from iPods. These can be found for £250 new, I think Phase One have them in stock. Don't be tempted to save £50 by buying a B stock unit. I've had the iCDMix players out on hire now for quite some time, and have had no problems at all with them. (B stock unit excepted, and has now been disposed of)

Edited by disco4hire

New Site Clouds Disco

I have the CD Mix III and it let me down badly at a gig in the past when one of the CD drawers wouldn't open, meaning I had to run home and get my old system, I now use it solely as backup and wouldn't touch one again. I have heard of alot of these type of issues from other users also. If you have 250 pounds to spend and use mainly laptop then get yourself a Hercules RMX, this is a mixer, midi controller and soundcard all in one, and would be money much better spent than on the poorly put together Numark unit IMO. This however is also an all in one unit so you would need some sort of backup also, but you would need that no matter what you are using.

Edited by DJMickeyk

www.tipperarypartydj.com

Hi guys, thanks for the advice!

To be honest I always have plenty of backup and do not rely soley on the CD mix. I have a laptop I use for most music, with the CD Mix as a backup for CD's - and in case that goes wrong, I have another small mixer I bring along in case of energencies!

I like the look of the Numark ICDMix2, especially as the transformer is built in, but unfortunately everywhere I tried was out of stock.

So, Ive ordered a Numark CD Mix 2 (as Ive used these before and been happy with them), and as I ordered from Digital Village, they have a 4 year warranty included - which should cover any of the problems people have mentinoed re CD's sticking etc.

I still like the look of the ICDMix2 though, and might buy one of these also when they are back in stock so at least I have a spare.

Thanks again for the advice,

Cheers, Mark,.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090