Dj's United

Is it me, or are parking spaces getting narrower?. I'm starting to envy Mother and Child spaces these days or maybe its just the start of middle aged spread.

Is it me, or are parking spaces getting narrower?. I'm starting to envy Mother and Child spaces these days or maybe its just the start of middle aged spread.

multi story car parks i think are getting worse especially with support pillars taking up a corner of the space.

I hate when your in a jam packed multi storey car park and you think there is a space and when you get nearer you notice a smart car or fiat 500 in it.

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Yes they are. most 4X4 can't fit in the spaces.

If i'm out with Elaine we don't have that problem because she has a Blue Disabled Badge.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I think cars are getting bigger - each years model is bigger and heavier than the last. A new MINI is hardly mini being wider than a fiesta. So instead of downsizing current models they bring in a new smaller car like the citroen C1 or something.

Mother and child spaces...always use them! If I'm taking me mammy out with me

Anyone says anything I tell them that they are for parent and child and as she's my mum that counts!, even though I'm 39 and she's ahem......>!!!!!! :D

Though your comments are right cars are getting bigger but spaces are still the same regulatory size as stated from 1973 or something like that, so my advice is use the parent and child spaes or park further away in a supermarket carpark as I'm sick of paying 65 squid everytime to get a dent taken out of the bodywork after some inconsiderate :crap: has opened their door or let their trolley roll onto my car and damaged it :damn:

Anyway rant over

I think cars are getting bigger - each years model is bigger and heavier than the last. A new MINI is hardly mini being wider than a fiesta. So instead of downsizing current models they bring in a new smaller car like the citroen C1 or something.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

I work in Road Surfacing in my day job and can tell you a standard uk parking space is 4.8m x 2.4m and has been that size for many years. The spaces aren't getting smaller, it's the cars that are getting much bigger.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

The American solution is to park part of the car on a white line, preventing the next space from being used.

Love it or hate it, it works and it seems to be a national passtime.

On a similar note, the French have a great sign up in the Disabled parking area..

"If you want my parking space then you can have my disability as well"