Dj's United

Well I thought the headline might grab your attention but it appears it also did so with the punters last night.

At the end of a gig I usually have a signature tune, wrap it up and go home type of thing..( that's probably worth another thread). So I did all that and the place emptied so I randomly put on the Lumberjack Song as a bit of background.

Well, anyone that was outside saying goodbye/having a final fag came rushing back in and started singing. Some of the younger ones who had never heard of MP nevertheless sang the choruses.

So I then put on Every Sperm is Sacred thinking that will get rid of them, but no some of them knew the words.

Anyway for that small cluster of clients it appears that was the best part of their evening.

It was one of those impromptu moments I won't forget in a while and a real giggle.

It was also a pleasant change to not be measured on just how many people were dancing.

:D

Edited by Teez

Always amazes me how 'youngsters' know that old classic stuff...

I used to do a local social club regularly, and after playing a certain song one night for a laugh, they always insisted for several years afterwards that it's the last song of the night. Probably annoys any new DJ down there, as many have never heard of it...

The Yogi Bear song !!!

The best DJ between Littlehaven Station and the Rusper Road in Horsham - Probably....

MY disco website CHEAP DJ PLI amongst several others ;-)

Years ago i always use to finish on Monty Python - Look on the bright side of life

Even after packing up the gear people were still whistling it... :D

And yeah The Yogi Bear song....my dj mate had to play that as the last song every night because the manager loved it (even if the punters didnt) :wacko:

http://thatsentertainment.webeden.co.uk

Dj's and Discos for all your needs

PLI & PAT covered

Est. 1988