Dj's United

What's The World Coming To?

Don't get me wrong though, I quite like the look of the playlist as it's better than the normal cheesey stuff and "boom boom boom car alarm" music I normally get in playlists, but I'm still quite shocked by it! lol

Guess they're a fan of Green Day! Just a stab in the dark =P

Arctic Monkeys

Brainstorm

Balaclava

I bet that you look good on the dane floor

Blink 182

Dammit

Whats my age again

All the small things

First date

Aliens Exist

Daniel Lioneye

The king of rock and roll

Foxboro Hot Tubs

Stop drop and roll

Mother Mary

Ruby Room

Frank Turner

Thatcher fu:cense:ed the kids

Reasons not to be an idiot

Long live the queen

The Fratellis

Henrietta

Chelsea Dagger

For The Girls

Creepin up the back stairs

baby Fratelli

Green Day

American Idiot

Jesus Of Suburbia

Holiday

Blv. Of Broken Dreams

Wake me up when sep tember ends

Welcome to paridice

Basket Case

She

When I come around

Stuck With me

Geek Stink Breath

Brain Stew

walking Contradiction

Who wrote holden caufield

Nice guys finish Last

Hitchin a ride

Redundent

Warning

Wating

21st Century Break Down

Know Your Enamy

East Jesus Nowhere

Last Of The American Girls

21 Guns

Guns N Roses

Welcome To The Jungle

Paradise City

Sweet Child o Mine

November Rain

HIM

And Love Said Know

Buried Alive By Love

Solitary Man

Right Here in My Arms

Your Sweet 666

The Killers

Human

Mr. Brightside

Smile Like Ya mean it

Somrbody told me

Kings Of Leon

Sex On Fire

Use Somebody

Linkin Park

Crawling

In the End

Numb

Hands Held High

The Ramones

Blitzkreig bop

BeatOn the Brat

Shenna is a Punk Rocker

I wanna Be sedated

Baby I love you

Sex Pistols

Anachy In The UK

God Save The Queen Prity Vacant No Fun

Bodies

EMI

My Way

when faced with a list as in depth as that i imagine the scenarios (warning i have a strange and vivid imagination)

A. This will go great all the people will realise its there 21st and join in with the spirit of things and enjoy a different than normal function.

B. This will go great as only people who like this music will be invited , they surely wont invite family members who moan.

C.This will go great for the first three songs until Aunties and Grans and other older bossy ladies related start coming over and asking for motown and to get this :crap: off and as none of the cool people who requested this will dance till they have got drunk you get a empty dance floor with people staring at you like your the spawn of satan or you play some stuff for the motown mafia then the play-list people kick off

D.This will go great for the person who made the playlist as only he/she likes the music and not even there close friends like all these tunes.

E. This will go great as you stick with the play list and even though the motown mafia stare at you with evil eyes you console yourself that yourmaking the paying customer happy ..all is well until the leader of the motown mafia a large lady dressed in a hat more fitting for a wedding comes over and says she wishes to announce the buffet you hand her a microphone where upon she announces that the buffet is about to be served and your the main course and her croneys take you away to be a hog roast (maybe i shouldn't share some nightmares i have on forums lol)

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

There's a big difference between a playlist devised to keep people dancing and music that's good to listen to.

The majority of customers don't know the difference.

I wouldn't do it. I might suggest they plug in their ipod into the venue system instead of booking me.

The poor end result will highlight the contribution good DJ's make to a night of dance.

:joe:

Daughter likes the list. She suggested to take a selection of the following along too!

Paramore

You Me At Six

Bullet For my Valentine

Nickelback

Metallica

Coldplay

The Hoosiers

The Script

Muse

The Darkness

Black Sabbath

Daft Punk

Van Halen

Pendulum

Alice Cooper

Stormtroopers of Death

Nirvana

Queen

Marilyn Manson

White Stripes

Slayer

BEHEMOTH

Lordi

Enjoy the moshing!

i would certainly of tried to talk the client in to an equipment only hire, i had a wedding a few years ago when the groom stated that he was paying for the disco and he only wanted the music that he and his mates wanted mainly very obscure indie, this obviously went down like a lead ballon with 99% of the guests, obviously on several occasions i announced to the guests that the playlist had been chosen by the groom but even then i was having to field unwanted moaning and groaning from the guests, the mother in law came up and had a right pop by then my usually calm nature was rapidly departing so i showed her a signed copy of the contract where he had added the clause that only the music he or his mated had chosen could be played, mother in law storms off and the bride comes up and says sorry ect i will go and tell him that i have told you to play what you think will work and that you can take requests, brilliant news i tell her ive been trying to reason with him for 2 hours but he wont listen, so the bride calls him over he tells her its his night his music so go away!, she starts crying her dad came over sparkled him with a single punch a big cheer went up the groom was dragged out of the room, his mates left and i had the dancefloor filled from the first tune and until the end of the night and the best bit was the bride didnt leave to check on him! i have my doubts that the marriage has lasted :D ,but on a serious note now days if i have that instinctive feeling that a gig is going to be trouble unless its done on my terms i just tell them they need to find another dj.

07843106107 mobile

01752-296680 office

I did a wedding recently with a similar set list. Greatest wedding ever. The crowd were polite, they were undemanding at let me mix-a-way to my hearts content. I do understand your reservations, if it does turn into the gig from hell though... vent your frustations and play Drowning Pool's Bodies before changing styles into something more well rounded.

Musically it may not go well with Lady Gaga, but the lyrics are excellent for a frustrated DJ who needs to change style due to a dance floor dying on them and it will gain you huge brownie points with the rockers.

I've done lots of gigs with this sort of playlist - never any problems with the music choice as all the guests have been into the same thing, and if any parents are there they are happily resigned to their offsprings music tastes.

I usually wouldn't touch a 16th, 18th or 21st birthday, my experiences have not been good, unless it's an indie, goth, alternative etc. crowd, then never had any trouble (I'm sure I've just been unlucky, but it's really put me off).

Looks like a dream gig to me.

The thought of somebody requesting the Ramones makes me come over all goose pimply.

I have always wondered if someone asks for this type of music for the entire evening whether it only works if everyone there is into the same type of music.

I always fancied doing a few hours of this type of music (old punk and indie) at some sort of live venue between and before bands. Unfortunately the opportunity has never arisen.

Was a fantastic night!

Was mostly the birthday boys mates there (He had a different get together with his family - meal I think it was) and the few older people there were friends of his and enjoyed that music as well!

A night I shall remember for a long time methinks. Was probably one of my favourite private functions :D

Was a fantastic night!

Was mostly the birthday boys mates there (He had a different get together with his family - meal I think it was) and the few older people there were friends of his and enjoyed that music as well!

A night I shall remember for a long time methinks. Was probably one of my favourite private functions :D

Nice one!! glad he had a different get together for the family.. really pleased it went well and everyone had fun.

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

One of the questions you could ask when you're speaking to the potential client at time of enquiry is "what kind of music do you want?" And also ask about what the age-ranges of guests there are going to be etc..

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

One of the questions you could ask when you're speaking to the potential client at time of enquiry is "what kind of music do you want?" And also ask about what the age-ranges of guests there are going to be etc..

Cheers,

David

I normally do, but this was a last minute gig I got off someone I know.

Quite pleased I took it really :D

Had a grin on my face all day because of it!