Dj's United

Where Should I Give My Business Cards Out Help!

Hi all and thanks for reading, my name is aaron or as i like to call my self dj destiney im finaly launching my mobile disco after alot of hard saving for equipment but have no idea where to put my cards out any suggestions???????????? chears

Hi when i first started out i did the business card and flyers, sent then to local, hotel, pubs, private clubs, schools, etc i must admit it took a while to pick up sme work as people had never heard of me before and by using existing discos they new what they were getting without taking a risk over somebody new, you mite find it slow building up gigs in first year but it will come

Give the cards to anyone you meet and chat to!

Ideally, you should have a website, and this should be listed on the cards. People can then check you out before picking up the phone.

If you visit pubs/bars, give the cards to the manager (when you're sober and he's not too busy!)

Ask to leave them at your local indian, basically put them when ever you can.

Cards are useful - but a website is great form of marketing.

If you don't have one, they can be created very cheaply- in fact apart from a domain name (~£10 for 2 years) it can be free.

Things will work themselves out - you'll slowly start to get gigs (and gain experience) and then it will all come together.

I remember having a frustrated call to Dan (Dukesy) 2 years ago, asking for help, and basically patience will help you.

You should also complete your location on your profile - so people know where you're based (for possible meet-ups and also potential for passing enquiries)

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Cards are useful - but a website is great form of marketing.

If you don't have one, they can be created very cheaply- in fact apart from a domain name (~£10 for 2 years) it can be free.

thanks for the advice spent my day off work going around local party shops putting cards in windows ect... where can i get a website and purchase a domain name ive tryed making one on google site but it is just terrible cant do so all on it just looks cheap and tacky.. any suggestions many thanks Aaron