Dj's United

My main DJ laptop is a Sony Vaio.

Whilst playing at my residency I usually show videos on the screens around the venue.

This is done vai the clipbank on Virtual DJ and and S-Video cable from my laptop into a a/v selector box situated in the DJ booth.

It recently decided to pretty much stop working. The laptop will display on the tvs, but Virtual DJ has decided not to output full screen video. I've had to display the video in another window and manually click and drag to fill the screens. Only problem is that the video is slightly jumpy doing it this way for some reason.

I have an HDMI output on the laptop, but unfortunately the selector box will only take phono or s-video :(

I realise that S-video is pretty poop and that the quality is not the best in the world so have done a bit of scouting around the internet and came across a cable which is HDMI on one end and phono on the other (seperate plugs for all audio channels and video obviously) I thought that this would probably do the trick and decided to purchase it... MINIMUM ORDER 100!!!!!

It works out about £3 for the cable and delivery (or something like that)

Decided to get onto ebay and other sites but can only find this cable on the site where the minimum order is 100!

Does anyone know where I could get one from, or even point me in the direction of a site that has plans for making my own.

Hi,

I can't see a HDMI to SVideo/Composite being easy/simple to produce.

The process is not a simple level shift or even a simple timing change (as per VGA to SVideo).

HDMI is pretty complicated;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Something like this will do the job;

http://www.lindy.co.uk/hdmi-to-cvbs-s-vide...rter/32597.html

Looks great, but with a £190 price tag.

You should be able to connect a home TV to the SVideo connector on your Laptop and try to work out what is happening.

As the output appears to work (just not full screen), it really sounds like a configuration issue - not a hardware (so not easily repairable) issue.

-Extend the desktop, so you can drag windows from your laptop screen onto the TV screen.

-VDJ, config, video; video output TV Output="Full Screen"

-Run a video, it should appear on the TV.

Have you upgraded any drivers recently? If you can't select "full screen" - VDJ is only allowing "Window", then suggest asking in VDJ forum, but still sounds like a config issue.

Jason

Gonna go get the laptop and sit downstairs with it to see if I can sort it out.

Cheers Jason

Hmmmmmmm

After a bit of messing around it became apparent that the problem is not with VDJ, its the laptop somehow.

I will admit that I have installed a few bits of software and various bits and bobs on it and have surfed the net quite a bit.

After trying to resolve the issue my short fuse got the better of me and I've gone and formatted it.

It's sat downstairs finishing off.

Wish I hadn't had my last fag with my lunch lol.

Gotta wait another hour for the wife to get in and bring me some :P (We live in the middle of nowhere pretty much!)

Hopefully this will sort out my problem, and I can get back to normal at work tomorrow night! I've missed videos! And actually, so have quite a few punters!

I'll let you know the outcome and result of my short fuse when I get the drivers and everthing sorted and tested.

Fingers crossed

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's better!

All sorted!

Just got a couple of drivers to install and then we're all sorted and ready to rock and roll tomorrow night!

Dunno what I did to knack it up!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's better!

All sorted!

Just got a couple of drivers to install and then we're all sorted and ready to rock and roll tomorrow night!

Dunno what I did to knack it up!

Cool!!

The old advice about keeping the DJ Laptop "clean" from surfing/general use still applies. If you have a 2nd PC, use that for day-to-day stuff, leaving the laptop with only DJ tools on (and don't go online!)

Jas