Dj's United

Lighting Stands- A Bit Of Advice

I would like a bit of advice from the Forum please. I am a one-man-band and currently use two T-bars to put my lighting on but I want to centralize my lighting overhead. I have a choice of

this or

this

What I want to know is, I prefer to have the 3M truss stand but is it not too difficult to put together for one person and roughly how long would it take to put both up?

If you have either, could you tell me the pros and cons of the stands.

thanks in advance.

It's all about personal choice but after trying almost all configurations my chosen set-up nowadays would be (depending on size of venue) one or two T-Bars on wind-up stands. The luxury of being able to wire up your lights at eye-level and then effortlessly wind them up to 3m high is just too much to resist.

Edited by Slimboy Fat

JB's MUSIC MACHINE

Mobile Party & Function DJ covering the South & South-West area

Tel: 07904 265620 or visit www.jbmusicmachine.co.uk

I would like a bit of advice from the Forum please. I am a one-man-band and currently use two T-bars to put my lighting on but I want to centralize my lighting overhead. I have a choice of

this or

this

What I want to know is, I prefer to have the 3M truss stand but is it not too difficult to put together for one person and roughly how long would it take to put both up?

If you have either, could you tell me the pros and cons of the stands.

thanks in advance.

I have tried both options which you refer to.

My preference is the first one-in-one job. For a one man band this is easier to put together and allows you to put a decent light show on there. It will also be lighter to cart aouund.

I have an Ultimax version of the 1st option. Its awesome. I can even use just half of the overhead as a single t-bar and put two datamoons on it..... (See example of how I use it on the facebook page below). Not sure if you can do that with the overhead stand above..

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Thanks peeps for your contributions, BUT........... can one person put up the 3M truss easily enough?

Would I need to lay it on the floor to join it together and then stand it up or would I be able to put both sides together and then join them in the middle, on my own?

i have tried both but i went with the option 1, 4ft prolight ALL IN ONE, as i am one man show also, it is very efficient and breaks down and stores great in car.

MY OPINION IS OPTION 1 :D

DJ FOGGY

PROFESSIONAL DJ+KJ+SOLO VOCALIST

WEDDING SINGER+COVERED UP DUO

TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH PIPER

S.I.A LICENCED DOOR SUPERVISOR

COVERING NORTH WEST AND UK

WEB SITE=www.makemyday2012.co.uk

E-MAIL: djfpromos2@yahoo.co.uk

MOBILE: 07591 755 743

PLI: YES

PAT TESTED: YES