Dj's United

Best Usb Controller For Under £200?

Hey all,

First post, so thanks in advance.

Want to buy a USB controller for Virtual DJ in the next few days.

Can't decide between Numark Total Control (cheap, but no built in sound card) or the Hercules MK4 (pricey, but one box solutions) - tips please?

Anything else, maybe even better, I should be looking at?

Hey all,

First post, so thanks in advance.

Want to buy a USB controller for Virtual DJ in the next few days.

Can't decide between Numark Total Control (cheap, but no built in sound card) or the Hercules MK4 (pricey, but one box solutions) - tips please?

Anything else, maybe even better, I should be looking at?

second hand hercules rmx, great controller, built to last. I've seen them at less than 200 used.

I have just bought a Total Control off ebay for a good price but I think you will find the RMX is the one that most dj's would recommend

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

I've had a Total Control for over a year now (Only really got it because one of the clubs I had a residency at had one fitted as part of their inhouse gear, so I coud mess about at home and get used to it)

Agree that the offputting thing about it is that it has no built in sound, but you can get a DJIO for quite cheap off ebay these days, which is Numark's dedicated DJ soundcard (USB)

Has main mix out, monitor/cue out and a mic input (Although I've never used the mic input so I can't really comment on that)

I've never used the MK4, so can't say anything about that, just wanted to let you know what I thought of the Total Control and let you know about DJIO

The Total Control has never let me down, and always fun to dig out and have a mess about with. It's what I use for most of my remix work.

Hi

I use the bcd 3000 as a controller with traktor pro. I use the native instruments Audio DJ 2 sound card.

You could use the bcd as an all in one solution although the mic input is crap! I used to use it as an all in one solution until i discovered it made traktor freeze randomly, usually after about 45 mins to the crowds dismay, although as a controller its brill and doesnt freeze if you just use it as a controller. I did try the american audio vms4 although that had useless mic input quality so im sticking with the bcd/audio 2 dj now until the traktor kontrol s4 comes out but for under £200 i would say your best bet is either a BCD 3000 or a Hercules RMX. (Both are a bit dated now though) Perhaps its worth spending more on the Jockey controller? Heard a lot of good things about it

All Anthems Disco - Mobile Disco / DJ Hire - Cornwall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would recommend Hercules MK4, if you can save up a bit extra cash then its a great buy and it will last too so your not spending more money in the future on repairs etc. Tip - if your buying second hand make sure you review the product before you buy it, I mean check everything to the smallest detail, if something is broken but can be fixed you can ask for reduction in price.

hope this helps a bit :dukesy:

I have a Numark omni control with built in sound card for sale. it has never been used apart from taking out of the box and checking it. Unfortunately I don't believe I have the original box.

£150

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops