Dj's United

Hi all

This saturday i am doing a corporate function in a local well known gym establishments function room. There will be around 175-200 guests which is probably double what i have had previously. Age range is 18-65 so varied. Spoke with client and he told me there were going to be other things going on in other area's like bucking bronco, buffet etc so this calmed me a little knowing i was'nt going to be staring out at all these people at once but was a little nervous at 1st. Am actually looking forward to it and if i can get half of them up dancing then i will be pleased. Any tips...?

It probably won't be any different to your other gigs.......just more people. the one good thing about a larger crowd is that you are more likely to get some people that like to dance.

I always seem to prefer larger gigs seems a better atmosphere

Good luck and don't worry

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Hi all

This saturday i am doing a corporate function in a local well known gym establishments function room. There will be around 175-200 guests which is probably double what i have had previously. Age range is 18-65 so varied. Spoke with client and he told me there were going to be other things going on in other area's like bucking bronco, buffet etc so this calmed me a little knowing i was'nt going to be staring out at all these people at once but was a little nervous at 1st. Am actually looking forward to it and if i can get half of them up dancing then i will be pleased. Any tips...?

Apart from looking smart, keeping the rig neat and tidy, carrying back-up equipment and keeping the volume at a sensible level, Wizard is right, as the gig probably won't be any different to your other gigs!

Once the food is out of the way, there'll be plenty who'll want to dance for sure, so here's a sample of 20 crowd pleaser tracks which, from experience, seem to go down rather well at most / corporate gigs.

In no particular order:

1. I Want You Back - Jackson 5

2. We Are Family - Sister Sledge

3. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

4. Macarena - Los Del Rio

5. Rapper's Delight - Sugar Hill Gang

6. I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown

7. 500 Miles (I would Walk) - Proclaimer's

8. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham

9. Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees

10. Saturday Night - Whigfield

11. Get Up Offa That Thing - James Brown

12. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Deniece Williams

13. We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart

14. It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls

15. Casper Slide - DJ Casper

16. Dance The Night Away - Mavericks

17. Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex

18. You To Me Are Everything - The Real Thing

19. Young Hearts (Run Free) Candi Staton

20. Oops Upside Yer Head - Gap Band

Don't forget it's the Halloween weekend! Wear a smile!

smile icon

Apart from looking smart, keeping the rig neat and tidy, carrying back-up equipment and keeping the volume at a sensible level, Wizard is right, as the gig probably won't be any different to your other gigs!

Once the food is out of the way, there'll be plenty who'll want to dance for sure, so here's a sample of 20 crowd pleaser tracks which, from experience, seem to go down rather well at most / corporate gigs.

In no particular order:

1. I Want You Back - Jackson 5

2. We Are Family - Sister Sledge

3. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

4. Macarena - Los Del Rio

5. Rapper's Delight - Sugar Hill Gang

6. I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown

7. 500 Miles (I would Walk) - Proclaimer's

8. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham

9. Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees

10. Saturday Night - Whigfield

11. Get Up Offa That Thing - James Brown

12. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Deniece Williams

13. We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart

14. It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls

15. Casper Slide - DJ Casper

16. Dance The Night Away - Mavericks

17. Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex

18. You To Me Are Everything - The Real Thing

19. Young Hearts (Run Free) Candi Staton

20. Oops Upside Yer Head - Gap Band

Don't forget it's the Halloween weekend! Wear a smile!

smile icon

Many Thanks, yes will be smart for this one as it may get me other work. Am doing one in my local friday for halloween so 1st time for me having two gigs. Will try out a few of those if not all at the local.