Dj's United

Waltzes And Things

Did a night for the local operatic society last night. Not my usual crowd I must admit, but went really well. Was left a bit dumbfounded when the organiser asked me to play something they could waltz to. Dreadful, I know that my knowledge is a bit limited here. Is there a CD I could get hold of that has waltzes, foxtrots etc. on that an idiot like me use, with each dance for the music pinpointed? Which track would you have played as a kind of waltzy interlude?

Edited by superstardeejay

For Waltzes - of proper tempo, try Victor Sylvestrie - There are others, like the Strictly Come Dancing CD which has more well known tracks that can be used for these types of dancing but some die harders don't like em.

Also, watch Strictly on Catch Up and write down which songs they use...

Sometimes helps out of sticky stuff!!

Ages ago i did an afternoon gig where i set up my stuff in a large function room for a group who like to dance waltz's

they gave me a disc that had these on it

Stanely Brothers - Angel Band

Kay Star - Rock and Roll Waltz

Anne Murray - Can I Have This Dance

Casa Musica - Engeise Wais

Lucille Starr - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

Jack Jones - Dear Heart

Nino Rota - The Godfather Waltz

H Melvin - If You Don't Know Me By Now

Jerry Douglas - The Prisoner's Waltz

Julie London – Charade

Max Gregor – Greensleeves

Bruce Hornsley - Nobody There But Me

Bobby Goldsboro – Today

Montovani - Moulin Rouge

Steve Riley - Eunice Waltz

Rockin Sidney - Alligator Waltz

Geno Delafose - Day Waltz

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Many years ago (over 40 I think) I bought a Joe Loss LP on the Music For Pleasure label, called "Dancing Down Memory Lane," which came in very handy for weddings where, at that time, "older" people were more interested in ballroom-type material than modern stuff.

I've since copied it (using my Pro-Dub licence!) to my hard drive and on occasion, it still comes in handy today.

It contains waltzes, foxtrots, tangos etc. and may still be available on CD.

Wonderful. Thanks for taking the time guy's. I'll get something sorted from the info and arrive at my Operatic Socitey gig fully armed next year as they booked me again! I got out of the dilemma on the night by playing Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White. Wrong dance I know but they managed.