Dj's United

New Corded Microphone Advice

SM58 is the obvious one of course, I like the ones with switch for DJ use. It is still a good all rounder and a safe bet.

Sennheiser E845 is also good for low feedback but I always end up thinking how tatty Sennheiser E series get after alot of use, the grey paint rubs away and makes it look a mess.

As per previously I use a Shure SM58 when talking and a Shure Bets SM58a when singing, easily identifiable as the beta has a blue ring around the grill the other a silver one.

But both are great mics will take some punishment whilst on the road and are available within budget if you look hard enough!

As Superstar suggests get a SM58s as it has a switch on its body to turn it on and off (No embarrasing comments caught through the PA.....see :joe: Gordon Brown!) and you leave the levels set on the mixer.

Another vote for the SM58 here. A great all round performer and fairly robust for all types of work and its been the microphone of choice for many for decades.

Another +1 for the Shure SM58. Got cases of the sodding things, but very robust and a very popular mic worldwide.

Also a massive fan of Sennheisers.