Dj's United

Acme Water Wave Led - Any Good?

Hi guys,

My lighting set-up consists of ADJ Par 64 uplighters behind me, and Impossibleds and Miracled's as overhead lighting.

At the start of the evening (while people arrive, during buffet etc) I only use the uplighters, so there is nothing shining on the actual dancefloor . I only use the overhead lights when people are ready to dance etc.

The uplighters look great, but I have been looking for something to shine on the dancefloor while people arrive or are eating etc, and came across the Acme Water Wave LED. From the pics, it looks like a nice tranquil effect which will be exactly what I need - but I've not seen one "in the flesh" and none of my local supplies have one on demo.

Has anyone got one or seen one, and are they any good? Particulaly is the LED bright enough to shine onto a dancefloor from an overhead T-bar?

It does not need to be fantastic as it will not be my only light, just looking for something to shine on the dancefloor while people arrive etc.

Many thanks,

Mark

Just noticed that some other manufaturers make similar models:

The ADJ version looks nice, and is about the same price as Acme. Also has a 10w LED.

However, the Chauvet model is about £10 more and has a 22w led. Might be a silly question, but does this mean it will be twice as bright?

Or any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Mark

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

After a bit of shopping around I've narrowed my selection down to 3 choices.....

American Dj H2o Led Water Effect Light 10w £99

Chauvet Abyss LED Rippling Water Effect Light 22w £109

ACME LED Waterwave Lighting – 10w £95

The ADJ and Acme actual units look nicer, however the Chauvet Abyss has a brighter LED. There is not much in the price, so out of the choice of the 3 lights above, does anyone have any advice on which is best?

I am thinking of positioning it on a T-bar shining on the floor in front of the disco during meals etc.

Cheers,

Mark

07825 641 090

• 2 weeks later...

All I have seen is some video on Youtue, could not find out the area which it woudl cover form a overhead bar.

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

Thanks Swingcats,

Thats the problem - they all look quite good in the Youtube videos where it is dark with a bit of haze, but Im not sure how good it would be in the light with no haze. The other option is having something else shinging ont he dancefloor, preferably something with slow movement which I could also use for first dances etc.

Cheers, Mark.

07825 641 090

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark

Hope you've had some luck with choosing your effect. I used to use a Solar250 with a slow rotating 'dot' wheel and a panoramic rotator...(YES I Have been in this business a LONG time!!)

I now use a pair of Venus's (Venii??) These ar 50w white light slow rotating ( 1/2 to 1 RPM) effect that look like a mirrorball effect. They look good if you can get them contra-rotating. This is enough light in most venues to get the guests into the venue until they start dancing, I also use them during the 'slowies'. Also look good through a bit of haze.

Regards Alex_DJ

Edited by Alex_DJ