Photo

Whats Best For The Mobile Dj - Traktor Pro Or Virtual Dj 7?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 richard696

richard696

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

I have used virtual dj 5 and 6 for the last four years on the mobile circuit ,it performs very well I currently have it installed on my samsung nc10 netbook and it works brilliantly even if the processor becomes loaded it will ensure it keeps the track playing it never let me down ,the other plus is it can use itunes playlist which is handy for me as I tend to set playlists up for quick reference.

:)

#17 Goochie

Goochie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:08 AM

I used PCDJ Red for first couple of years then tried PCDJ red mobile, Got sick of stuttering, and conflicts with other stuff ie windows word or other ordinary stuff, so tried VDJ havent looked back since.
i now realise where PCDJ get their ideas ......VDJ.
I am still on V.6 and am currently playing around with V.7, cant see the point of all those decks tho.. unless your a top club DJ in Ibiza or somewhere, whats the point? The average mobile Dj and lets face it we are (aren't we?) doesn't really need more than two decks and maybe a video.

Anyway back to original thread, VDJ all the way!

P.S anybody want to buy a full liscensed version of PCDJ Red Mobile?

Goochie.
[font=Arial Black][color=#000099][size=7]www.sherwoodentertainments.co.uk

#18 DJDJ

DJDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

VJ let PCDJ (USA) use it's base platform for PCDJ VJ which is why it's virtually the same although PCDJ have lost the licence and there will be no further update to PCDJ VJ.
VJ 7 is fantastic and so far very stable
Tractor is good and cheaper at the moment but will not do video
Download VJ you can have a full home version free so you can have a play! pizza.gif

#19 chrisbell_dj

chrisbell_dj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(chrisgregg @ Jan 28 2011, 10:12 AM) View Post

virtual dj 7 easy

I find VDJ is good depending on your controller (some work better than others) but for me I'm a Traktor user. Used it for a while now, started using it with timecodes in my CDJ1000 and now I use it with my controller. Never had any reliability issues at all. thumbup.gif
Pioneer DDJ-Ergo and Traktor Pro 2 all ran on a HP G61 Notebook - Also a pair of Pioneer CDJ1000 MK3 which don't get used anymore (Can't part with them) :(

#20 Radio Dream

Radio Dream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Welsh Audio Man 21 @ Dec 15 2010, 02:16 PM) View Post

I am a VDJ user and in the past 3 years I can't say it has let me down yet. I have been using the same Acer laptop for years too, again so far it is still serving me well. I have found that ensuring your laptop isn't full of non DJ related stuff does help the software run more accurately.

Hope that helps

i found this problem with VDJ my lap top was loaded with other things and the program kept freezing and crashing, iv changed computer now and it never freezes, :-)

#21 nrgize

nrgize

Forum Legend

• Community Leader
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Radio Dream @ Jan 21 2013, 11:23 PM) View Post

i found this problem with VDJ my lap top was loaded with other things and the program kept freezing and crashing, iv changed computer now and it never freezes, :-)

I have a dedicated laptop that has had everything uninstalled on it apart the programs that are needed to operate the laptop. It is a Sony Vaio and has quite a high spec.

I use a Numark DMC 2 with mine on mobile gigs, and use a Rane Serato SL1 on virtual DJ on the club scene.

I have tried most software that is out there, and find Virtual DJ the best one for me. The only problem I have found, is that it is too easy to download a "Home" version from their website, and many people or DJ "wannabes" have downloaded. I get comments like "thats virtual DJ, I have that at home" When I am playing at a venue or club like that I always use scratch live lol.

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

#22 CD Pool

CD Pool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yup I'd really recommend Traktor with a decent (sturdy) control surface, ideally and S4 or something similar.

Traktor really is a brilliant tool once you start digging deep into it. Remix decks and multiple cue points are very inspirational and useful if you're looking to spice up your sets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users