Dj's United

Cdpool

anyone use cdpool or similar for their latest releases... ive never used a service like this but im finding it hard (lack of time) to trawl the various online stores for the best choonige - and thought maybe something like this might be useful???

im guessing the cd's will be full of useless fillers rather than the latest bangers n floor fillers????

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

anyone use cdpool or similar for their latest releases... ive never used a service like this but im finding it hard (lack of time) to trawl the various online stores for the best choonige - and thought maybe something like this might be useful???

im guessing the cd's will be full of useless fillers rather than the latest bangers n floor fillers????

I've been using Mastermix for a while, but lots of fillers. Best get a track listing for the last few months and work out what you'd normally play vs fillers.

Add "Now" CD's and requests made before the night, and I'd suspect you could do ok with downloads as required, but it will depend on the gigs you do. Most weddings I attend do not need all the songs released that week.

If I do a 13th, then most requests have not even been in the charts :-( and I have to draw a line on what music I'll actually get in.

I try to listen to the radio more, and use Shazam to identify any good tunes.

That said, I don't do trendy bars, so have less need to be bang up to date.

I'm also thinking of signing up to CD Pool, think I read somewhere that they are doing a deal at the moment, anybody use CD Pool? Do they get the new releases before they hit the charts? It is annoying when you are unable to buy a track online when it is all over the radio, I hate telling punters that I don't have it because it ain't released yet.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

looks like cd pool have a good load of choons on there but, for me, there does seem to be a lot of trash included... think ill stick to the traxsource & beatport's of this world.. and spend the time downloading what i actually need or get asked for!

zipdj in the US is another consideration and they seem to have a closer fit with our unreleased RnB & pop stuff... like katy b lights on, for instance... i was playing that last month while it didnt get official uk release till 13th dec! CD pool dont even have that on their listings yet from what ive seen...

For my soulful & upfront house the two stores i mention above have been very good at delivering new music... most of which is promo and at least 6months in front of uk release...

My problem is i do too many different types of gig... and the music required to make each night work is huge!

However my love of 80s soul & soulful house will always be my first love :D

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

Yes you get pre releases with the CD pool The Mobile DJ pack is the one to go for.

This Month are: -

Link

As you see they list the release date too with some not due for release until the end of January

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I used to use Mastermix, but changed to CD Pool since they brought out the Mobile DJ Pack (30 quid a month).

There are the odd occasions where a track is released / in the carts which arent on the radio disc, but does magically appear on the "hits" disc abotu 2 weeks later - which is slightly annoying..

Which ever promo service you do go with, you'll end up having to buy at least a couple of downloads most likely anyway...

Cheers

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, another cdpool fan here. Sadly they do miss the occsional big hit and the radio discs are generally not as good some months.

explicit content was a big issue but they have acted after so many complaints

my itues spending has dropped considerably and the subscription is no more than i spent on itunes. Big bonus is that i have a physical disc with cd quality audio not a recoded mp3.

i only get radio and hits but may upgrde to the ultimate dj pack in the new year.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Quick question about CD Pool, when I get my disc, what format are they, is there a program that recognises the tracks so that I can convert them to mp3, or do they all have to be tagged individually when I'm ripping them? I only use laptop now can't remember the last time I played a CD, the big advantage in CD Pool for me would be the pre-releases, otherwise I would probably stick with downloading the ones I think I would use only.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

Quick question about CD Pool, when I get my disc, what format are they, is there a program that recognises the tracks so that I can convert them to mp3, or do they all have to be tagged individually when I'm ripping them? I only use laptop now can't remember the last time I played a CD, the big advantage in CD Pool for me would be the pre-releases, otherwise I would probably stick with downloading the ones I think I would use only.

I use windows media player and the hits cd is usually on the database whereas the radio cd needs manual input majority of the time. what you will find is that you will do gigs where there is a big hit out there and it has not appeared on radio and your hits cd is on its way with the track on. The black eye peas - time is a classic example i did 2 gigs without it and it was heavily requested at both with it arriving on my doorstep the day after the last gig. I should of downloaded a version but begrudge paying for the same song twice.

doesnt happen that often but does happen.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Same here with Time by the BEP's - Had it requested a few times, but no Disc (had an issue with paypal subscription and an expiring credit card!).

As said above, sometimes can be a bit behind with hits side of things though... and the explicit versions on the Hits CD potentially could be avoided... :/

Christmas Cheers,

David, on the vodka :p

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]