Dj's United

Lucky Escape - Could Have Been A Lot Worse

I don't DJ a lot now, but I have kept on my regular and loyal clients. Got a phone call this morning from the restaurant where I DJ Christmas and New Years Eve, telling me that they had had a burst in the roof above my set up :drama: . Got there pretty quick to find place flooded, 1" of water on dance floor and nice trickle of water splashing off my decks and DMX control. Star cloth sucking the water from the floor.

No panic from me as I have spare everything and it's all insured but what if I had not bothered.

All my cd's were in my office and safe so no worries really.

Just thought this may be a thread that anyone starting out should read, as it's easy to not bother having a back up plan but with the biggest night of the year just a few days away, don't take anything for granted.

Hopefully venue will be back to normal by NYE :ads:

Merry Christmas All :tree:

I dropped my mirror ball out the back of the van today, onto ice, smashed like a egg. What one lighting effect do my New years people want at the 1920's evening, a mirror ball!

That and a Mackie sub that does not work despite bein brand new, what a day!

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

I dropped my mirror ball out the back of the van today, onto ice, smashed like a egg. What one lighting effect do my New years people want at the 1920's evening, a mirror ball!

That and a Mackie sub that does not work despite bein brand new, what a day!

Not just me having a bad day then :wall: