Dj's United

Bought Myself A Cheap Laser From Maplin

to be honest i have never had a laser as my other lights are great and i dont think i need them. but they had a cheap laser on offer reduced from £50 down to £25 so i thought why not as they let me see it woring in the shop with all the lights dimmed. its all i needed in a laser, cheap and cheerful, just to add a little effect every now and again.

its a prosound red star cluster laser. looks good with smoke aswel

to be honest i have never had a laser as my other lights are great and i dont think i need them. but they had a cheap laser on offer reduced from £50 down to £25 so i thought why not as they let me see it woring in the shop with all the lights dimmed. its all i needed in a laser, cheap and cheerful, just to add a little effect every now and again.

its a prosound red star cluster laser. looks good with smoke aswel

Hello

I didnt think i needed a laser light but saw another DJ with one on a job i wasnt dj ing and it looked pretty cool. I did Ebay from China for £20 all in so if it was crap all i lost was £20... its the best light ive got and everyone loves it where i go and my daughter wants one for her bedroom !!!!!. It has such a large beam range aswell and looks good with high ceilings pointing up or low ceiling down to the floor.

Andy

£20 worth is unlikely to be stopped. However note that when you import something worth more than £18 from outside of Europe, then its highly likely to be stopped at customs and this means having VAT and Import Duty added to the value of it. In addition to this, a lot of carrier companies will also charge you an Admin fee, in order to deal with the customs of your behalf, so remember to factor this into the equation with any 'Chinese Bargain'

A friend of mine bought something worth £200 from the U.S - by the time the Customs had added VAT and Import Duty onto it, and he'd paid Fed-Ex their £25 admin fee, it was actually more expensive than walking down to the high street and buying it locally.

Then if it ever went wrong you've got to go through the same thing - twice, in order to return it to China under warranty.

False Economy in the long run, stuff can be found and imported cheap from within Europe or live dangerously and even try a bit of haggling locally.

• 2 months later...

I am currently in China and looking to source a star cluster laser to import into the UK.

I have already got a couple of samples CE and ROHS approved ....however with import duty etc they will sell in the uk for approx £50. ( same as the Kam model that retails for £89 at the moment)

Just not sure if it is worth the hassle. they are a great little laser and easily fill a whole room...I think someone bought and reviewed one on here a couple of weeks ago.

Luckily I have an agent here in China to do the export stuff for me ( my son ) who will also get the uk spec power supply ( the samples I have use a chinese one, )

if nothing else the two I have I will use.

may have a look at some LED lights while I am here but difficult to source a good one...... most of the manufactureres are down south and we are in Shanghai at the moment.....also the wife isnt too happy we are supposed to be on holiday :joe: she ddi chear up a bit when I bought her a Jimmy Choo purse and handbag :D

Edited by wizard

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops