Dj's United

Karaoke On Apple Mac

so the pub im working at have asked me to do karaoke one night a month... not a problem coz i have lots of media from years back. only thing is i'd much rather play out of my mac than use the old jvc player...

any ideas what would be a good software package to use and if i can use my existing cd's or rip the discs to the mac into mp3+g???

i use the mac in my studio so i can run mic's and stuff via my sound card and process vocals on the fly, reverb etc... if push comes to shove + mix the audio.. with a bunch of lcd's connected to the mini display port for remote screens...

any help would be really appreciated!

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

just been running kjams seems quite good... may take the plunge with that, while still in development lots of useful features including the iphone app that allows ppl to request their songs! Technology eh ;)

one thing i did notice is that the internal mac super drive wont read cdg disks... lucky ive got another external drive that does work with em!

Edited by mjmac

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

just been running kjams seems quite good... may take the plunge with that, while still in development lots of useful features including the iphone app that allows ppl to request their songs! Technology eh ;)

one thing i did notice is that the internal mac super drive wont read cdg disks... lucky ive got another external drive that does work with em!

A very limited number (nil?!) will read cdg discs - you're not alone! :(

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

this is not strictly true my dvd rom rips quite happily with my dedicated software hosting software mtu hoster it has a dedicated built in ripper , my drive is not compatible according to other software but some how mtu hoster makes it work , it must have a work around for the sub data as audiograbber wont work no matter what settings but mtu hoster does work.

a few DJ's i know with macs use boot camp and use mtu hoster it looks really basic and it is but its specifially designed for karaoke hosts.

I used to a long time ago take text requests ..soon stopped that after all the hassle ..some things sound a good idea but in practice they can often be pants .

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

bloody hell how unstable is pcdj... also very quirky workflow... and it doesnt even rip or play from cd... very dissapointing!

Signed up to kjams pro lastnight... really pleased with how it works and stability is as expected - spot on!

They also do a windows version - roll on saturday :o)

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

Hi,

I have also had the same dilemma as you and found that kJams appeared to be the only software around to do this (if using your mac as it comes, without boot camp). I bought the lite version and an external Freecom drive and am about a third of the way through ripping my 360+ discs - it takes forever, if you want to pay attention to what the titles, artists are, etc.

Anyway, good software and great support from Dave at kJams, should you need it.