Dj's United

Another New Midi Controller!

And yet another new Midi controller released today -

Pioneer DDJ-T1

here

I love the way it is designed to fit over the laptop keyboard. first of that kind i think.

£900 is a bit steep thou!

oohh

i like a keyboard for searching i just dont find jog search wheels as easy as direct letter and word entry

i like a keyboard for searching i just dont find jog search wheels as easy as direct letter and word entry

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

I've had a play with many different controllers and still love my Hercules RMX.

Totally agree with you too Rob, I also like to be able to use my keyboard. I can navigate my folders and load tracks easily through my RMX but everybody knows what it's like when you get a request and can't remember where it is or maybe if you've even got it. Can't beat the keyboard for searching your database.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

If you look at the Traktor version (There's also a Serato version), its features/buttons are less than some of the other controllers out there.

The only innovation on it is the finger swipe (as found on the CDJ-2000). Its also got same look and feel as the CDJ-400's though...

Personally I think you need more of an external mixer, than some of the other devices. There's only one line-in and the control for it is on the back. Also the Mic input doesn't have any EQ either... :/

But I guess its priced in the "Pioneer" bracket of the market...

Interesting how many of these controllers seem to be aimed towards Traktor...

I'd like to see one unit that will do both midi control and internal HDD playback - similar to the HD2500 but that I can switch between midi control (on each half of the unit), and internal HD / CD / USB / etc...

Possibly Citronic does something close to this with their MP-X10 unit, but I've only seen a photos/images of it...

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

This bit of kit seems to be aimed at the wannabe nightclub dj / bedroom mixer.. hence the one input and lack of features on the mic front. Obviously where ever you go with this DDJ-T1 you will need a pc/mac wired up so you can run dj software.

The outputs are good giving you a set of balance and unbalanced sockets - i'd assume the aux in would be used for those ipod dj's or other music sources (but not a record deck).

most djs that use this kit hardly speak on the mic and if they did it would be using the club mic plugged into the house mixer i'd assume?!?!

Searching for tracks is done via the ribbon, ie wipe your finger along to select the letter you want... works very well on my cdj2000... and does away with the keyboard essentially! Also doubles up as a needle search within a track which is a feature i love too ;o)

Would i buy one????? Hell no... it needs a computer connected and i dont do computers in bass heavy nightclubs (well not unless they have solid state drives inside em).

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

ADJ have now have previews of their new two VMS units, one for traktor and one for Virtual DJ..

The year of the midi controller?

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]