Dj's United

Where To Get Business Cards

Careful with the VistaPrint freebies, as they may print "printed by VistaPrint" on them, which doesn't look that professional if you ask me!

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Careful with the VistaPrint freebies, as they may print "printed by VistaPrint" on them, which doesn't look that professional if you ask me!

That is true for the freebies but I think for the cost of around £10 you can just have the plain cards.

Jerry

Support your local high street businesses :D . These print shops are small businesses just like us, often run by families and struggling in a recession. You'll find them in the local free papers, thompson local and Google.

They may cost more than 'freebies' from Vistaprint and the like, but aren't we always telling our customers that our fee's are justified and sometimes you have to pay more in order to assure yourself of a better quality?. Time to practice what we preach now we are the 'customer' :D

Besides, if the Netherlands started sending over bulk cheap Dj's to undercut us, the whinging and moaning on here would have me reaching for the sick bag. Lets keep some of our Business loyalties in the UK as well eh?

Vistaprint - poor quality, even when you pay extra for thicker card paper.

The size is also not standard, they simply feel horrible. Perhaps I'm used to handing over cards in my day job, but the feel of the card is important to me and does reflect on the person handing it over.

You'll also struggle to get anything decent for free - or even £10... I dread to think what you get for free - thinner card and their advert on the rear? Not a good image! You may as well make them yourself (if you have a decent printer and buy the peel-off/tear-off sheets)

I took my business to a local company after being unhappy with what I got from VistaPrint.

500 cards, with design work+advice for ~£100. They are nice thick card, silk finish and clear to read.

After paying for fairly premium cards from Vistaprint (and having to do the design myself), it wasn't too expensive to get a pro to do a good job.

It depends on where your market lies - it its budget discos, then low quality cards may be ok.

As Dan says, support your local businesses, you should get some design advice and probably get them much quicker, and a bit of local networking never hurt anyone.

Jason

That is true for the freebies but I think for the cost of around £10 you can just have the plain cards.

Jerry

The cheap or free online ones soon start to accumulate fees if you deviate from the standard designs.

I get alot of business cards handed to me and have several customers with the same card, which looks cheap and is confusing. I'm sure you've all seen it, it has a red swag-cloth background and a picture of a 1950's RCA microphone in the foreground.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/kevvywevvywoo/vintage/card.jpg

Edited by superstardeejay

• 1 month later...

I use VistaPrint and have never had a problem with the quality. I don't however use any of their designs - upload all of my own stuff.

I think it just gives off the wrong image about my business if I use a design exactly the same as somebody elses.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it just gives off the wrong image about my business if I use a design exactly the same as somebody elses.

That would only imply a problem if your clients were going to your competitors and asking for their business cards. In which case, yes you do have potential problems but the similarity of the cards are the least of them, compared to potential loss of business or a dutch auction which will inevitably follow :wacko:

BTW - Seen the new Vistaprint.TV ads?

superstardeejay is quite right about the cost of "free" cards.

I recently browsed vistaprint to look at the "free" cards. Before you know it you've added one or two small extras and they aren't free at all :D

Soooo.... last week I took delivery of 500 glossy double sided cards on premium card :lol:

Ended up costing me £24 inc delivery which I didn't think was bad to be honest but I don't have much experience in this area at all.

As Jas said though they do seem to be a non-standard size.

edit: it's late, i'm krackered and I can't spell :p

Edited by fester

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

superstardeejay is quite right about the cost of "free" cards.

I recently browsed vistaprint to look at the "free" cards. Before you know it you've added one or two small extras and they aren't free at all :D

Soooo.... last week I took delivery of 500 glossy double sided cards on premium card :lol:

Ended up costing me £24 inc delivery which I didn't think was bad to be honest but I don't have much experience in this area at all.

As Jas said though they do seem to be a non-standard size.

edit: it's late, i'm krackered and I can't spell :p

Carmen paid £17 from CardsMadeEasy. Should take delivery in a few days, so will be interested to see how they turn out, we'll post back with a review.

I found a few of my old vistaprint cards recently, so glad I'm not using them. Some clients are used to using business cards, and if your card sticks out (for the wrong reasons!) its not a good look.

Still- perhaps my old cards just were not their premium ones- but I did pick thicker card.

Jas

Right... Carmens cards arrived this morning;

http://www.cardsmadeeasy.com/

She paid £15.59 (£9.99 for cards, £3.99 p&p, +VAT)

The cards are "proper cards", so far superior to Vistaprint.

I've got a Vistaprint card in my wallet (a photographers) and there is no comparison.

They are the same size as other cards in my wallet, and feel the same (quality of card). I'm fairly fussy on the feel and size of Cards, and have no problems with these.

They are single sided, but double-sided options exist.

Delivery took about 1 week, but there was a query on her design (they requested a better quality format).

The design was her own, it was cheaper to use one of their designs.

So, not sure if this helps anyone, but its a fairly low cost supplier who is providing good stuff!

Right... Carmens cards arrived this morning;

http://www.cardsmadeeasy.com/

She paid £15.59 (£9.99 for cards, £3.99 p&p, +VAT)

The cards are "proper cards", so far superior to Vistaprint.

I've got a Vistaprint card in my wallet (a photographers) and there is no comparison.

They are the same size as other cards in my wallet, and feel the same (quality of card). I'm fairly fussy on the feel and size of Cards, and have no problems with these.

They are single sided, but double-sided options exist.

Delivery took about 1 week, but there was a query on her design (they requested a better quality format).

The design was her own, it was cheaper to use one of their designs.

So, not sure if this helps anyone, but its a fairly low cost supplier who is providing good stuff!

I will take a look at this as i need new cards..

How many do you get for £15.59 ?

Cheers

Steve

oohh

I will take a look at this as i need new cards..

How many do you get for £15.59 ?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve!,

Carmen got 50, not too many (I think I got 500 from my friends business). As with all these things, its not normally much more money.

Jason

• 2 years later...

Yup, I can recommend Vista Print, good quality, fast turnaround with express delivery if needed.

If you're looking for something a bit more top-end (and expensive) then I can recommend Moo.com, very nice premium quality cards.

• 1 month later...

I've used moo.com for the last few batches of cards. Very good quality and if you go for their Luxe range they are extremely thick and hard wearing. I used to use Vistaprint (because they were cheap) but the ones I have got from moo give a much better impression I think.

Sam Dimond

Event equipment hire and mobile DJ

Sound and Lighting Hire | Wedding DJ Essex

• 2 months later...

Goodprint every time now, Keely are also good but can't match the Goodprint ones when on offer. Make sure you design your own and do not use a stock one.

Megasong A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. In theory it'll be fine in practise.... In practise it was fine in theory.
  • 2 months later...

The one I have used before is

Vistaprint.com.

This might be what you want.

Jerry

I would go with what DJ Foureyes.

Vistaprint.com is definitely the site I would go with to print Business cards.

Prices:

500 £11.66
1000 £14.99
1500 £19.16
2000 £22.49
2500 £25.62
5000 £33.12

10000 £66.03