Dj's United

Road Case Any Idea's ?

Hi every one i am thinking of making a lighting equipment road case if any one has any suggestions or any ideas or possible design's all suggestion's given will be gratefully recieved thanks im looking at making one about 4ft long 2ft wide and not sure about depth between 3 or 4 ft with maybe a fixed hinged lid and not sure if i should make a shelf so it could be like a two tier case thanks

Hi every one i am thinking of making a lighting equipment road case if any one has any suggestions or any ideas or possible design's all suggestion's given will be gratefully recieved thanks im looking at making one about 4ft long 2ft wide and not sure about depth between 3 or 4 ft with maybe a fixed hinged lid and not sure if i should make a shelf so it could be like a two tier case thanks

i made myself one a year ot two ago to fit my pre wired truss in, so i didnt have to wire anything when i got to a gig, only (being a bit dim) i made it way to solid/heavy, it didnt fit along my van floor and when the lighting rig was inside i couldnt lift it! :D

so a complete disaster! learn from my mistakes and you should be fine! good luck

www.sparklingdiscos.co.uk

www.sparklingdancefloors.co.uk

i made myself one a year ot two ago to fit my pre wired truss in, so i didnt have to wire anything when i got to a gig, only (being a bit dim) i made it way to solid/heavy, it didnt fit along my van floor and when the lighting rig was inside i couldnt lift it! :D

so a complete disaster! learn from my mistakes and you should be fine! good luck

Good suggestion i think i will measure the space in the bac of my van before i make it just to check it will fit and i was thinking of either getting or making a ramp to be able to just roll it up in to my van then id even have the ramp if i was to turn up at a gig and find out there were a few steps to enter a venue was thinking of making a smaller ramp for any kerbs