Dj's United

Quick Question About My Amp And Speakers

Hi

I have a warfdale pro PM-600 amp and on the back it says 230w at 4ohm. My speakers are yamaha 250rms speakers.

I used to have my amp on half volume but after reading some of the comments on here i started to turn my amp up 3/4 of the way, just to b on the safe side. It sounds alot better but tonight im wanting it to sound louder but not loose qulaity so will it be ok for me to have my amp on max and my speakers not to blow??

thanks

chris

i bet your sick of these comments but i just wanted to check with the gear im using now, im upgrading in 3 week to peavey speakers

Edited by chrisgregg

Hi Chris

having just had a look at the manual for the amp is seems to have a parallel output on the back as opposed to channel outputs which may mean you are actually at 4ohm with your cabs connected. it clearly states that you should use 8ohm to 16 ohm speakers which reinforces this

so you will be pushing up to 230w at full throttle. Give it a bit more on the amp and bring your mixer down a bit to compensate then see whats going on through the night. Listen carefully for any distortion.

try get some rig pics tonight inc the room so we can see where you are etc

Edited by MintyDave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I agree with dave, this is a 230W into 4R total output mono mixer amp, ie 115W per cab is the max out it will give. Providing you dont run the amp into distortion, you should be ok.

You mustn't feel silly asking questions, sharing information is what the forum is all about! Ask away.