Dj's United

Probably been talked about before but I have just purchased what i think is the bargain of the year (ok calender year since its only feb) from these guys, to the point where the man on the phone clearly stated that the price was an oversight by somebody.

im wondering if it will ever arrive now and i mysteriously get a refund.

have you ever scooped a real bargain, have i scooped a real bargain or a donkey

i got this

http://www.altomusic.com/shop/images/product/16fx-859109ba15aa5866333d87da7461d38a.jpg

usual tinterweb price £579

why buy new website B stock price - £510

why buy new on ebay, same B stock item - £350. free delivery full 1 year warranty from them etc. couldnt resist at that price!!! :bloodyhell:

More knobs than a coalition government party conference factory that makes knobs

Edited by MintyDave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Probably been talked about before but I have just purchased what i think is the bargain of the year (ok calender year since its only feb) from these guys, to the point where the man on the phone clearly stated that the price was an oversight by somebody.

im wondering if it will ever arrive now and i mysteriously get a refund.

have you ever scooped a real bargain, have i scooped a real bargain or a donkey

i got this

http://www.altomusic.com/shop/images/product/16fx-859109ba15aa5866333d87da7461d38a.jpg

usual tinterweb price £579

why buy new website B stock price - £510

why buy new on ebay, same B stock item - £350. free delivery full 1 year warranty from them etc. couldnt resist at that price!!! :bloodyhell:

More knobs than a coalition government party conference factory that makes knobs

right up my street is that mixer ideal for karaoke

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Looks like my Studio Mixer. at that price its a steal

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

right up my street is that mixer ideal for karaoke

way ott Rob but yes it will do all you need. the effx are pretty good so no need for an external processor. it has 2 internal processors to which you can assign 3 different effx, making 6 in total, again more than whats needed but nice to have that facility overall.

overall its a chuffing good mixer with more ins and outs than you would know what to do with. it could also replace a dj mixer when doing karaoke (if you do a bit of disco too) as it has pfl on all the channels. and its standard 19" rack, 10u i think

12 mic inputs, how many singers can you cope withat once?

http://www.8thstreet.com/large/41167-large2.jpg

ebay - peavey 16fx

i sincerely hope it arrives in one piece. i have never been so excited over a lump of kit before especially considering the price.

Edited by MintyDave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I regularly have four singers and five would be nice plus me of course so six mics that leaves a few spare! the usb input interests me ,I would like a mixer with usb which then you can allocated four decks to four input channels on the mixer so four deck software programs could work with it albeit in mono for each channel but such a beast doesnt exist with six mic inputs

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421

I regularly have four singers and five would be nice plus me of course so six mics that leaves a few spare! the usb input interests me ,I would like a mixer with usb which then you can allocated four decks to four input channels on the mixer so four deck software programs could work with it albeit in mono for each channel but such a beast doesnt exist with six mic inputs

thats one of the many thng im going to try. i know some of our comrades across the pond seem to favour the yamaha mg desks, whether they are utilising the usb in such a way i dont know but may have a snoop.

I've been reading the manual (!), and it says that USB is only on inputs 15&16... :/ So unfortunately looks like you'll need an external sound card if you want to use more than 2 channels. Also 15/16 are fixed at the USB end, so not as if you could split them into two mono channels easily..

Other than that, it looks nice a verryyy nice mixer.. and group Inserts > Individual Line inserts.. Not that you'll need them cos you've got two efx built in anyway! :)

Cheers

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I've been reading the manual (!), and it says that USB is only on inputs 15&16... :/ So unfortunately looks like you'll need an external sound card if you want to use more than 2 channels. Also 15/16 are fixed at the USB end, so not as if you could split them into two mono channels easily..

Other than that, it looks nice a verryyy nice mixer.. and group Inserts > Individual Line inserts.. Not that you'll need them cos you've got two efx built in anyway! :)

Cheers

David

you probably know more than me now. thinking about it usb wouldnt have the bandwidth for more than 2 channels, would it? firewire would be the better option for that me thinks. I have a djio aswell so will see what i can get out of that, whether vdj will allow the use of 2 soundcards, it did make me wonder why vdj are offering so many virtual decks when output is limited

im doing a small pa job on saturday night with 3 singers 2 acoustic guitars and possibly some percussion. they like differing levels on the monitors so they can be routed on 2 different aux sends.

That was my understanding of the usb mixers of this type that they are a stereo in and out for playback and recording via a computer, in an ideal world as i say i would like six balance mic inputs and say 2 usb ins for at least two deck software but alas my requirements are not widespread enough for a market to make such a mixer.

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421

this is what you would need rob, obviously you would want at least 12 channels on your mixer to do that as left and right count as 1 channel each.

mixer wise the yamaha mg166cx would be right up your street as that would easily cope with 8 mics and 4 stereo channels.

you can get cheaper models from the likes of behringer/phonic but you soon loose mic inputs or stereo pair inputs

All you need is

http://www.diracdelta.co.uk/science/source/h/o/hot%20glue%20gun/glue-gun-001.jpg

http://www.hvwtech.com/products/204/44150_PV.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/47452000/jpg/_47452490_peter_bbcpicgal3.jpg

and hey presto!

well its arrived on time, seems to work pefectly and has minimal sign of use. one of the rack lugs is a bit bent and the manual is missing, hence the £230 saving

am out sat night doing a pa so will test it fully then.

:Thumbup:

If you need the manual, you can always download it off the peavey website anyway :)

Cheers,

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

:Thumbup:

If you need the manual, you can always download it off the peavey website anyway :)

Cheers,

David

yup, done that and printed off a few key pages.

As per usual i spent ages pressing buttons trying to get stuff to work......without much success. :shrug:

Then i read the manual............why do we do that???...................primal instinct?

yup, done that and printed off a few key pages.

As per usual i spent ages pressing buttons trying to get stuff to work......without much success. :shrug:

Then i read the manual............why do we do that???...................primal instinct?

Did you forget to press the button that says "power" on it?

;) *hides*

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Did you forget to press the button that says "power" on it?

;) *hides*

Cheers,

David

:D Thankfully thats a button i knew about.

Its the phantom power switch (run 2 DI boxes off it) i questioned. i thought it was freaky that the button was broken in the same way as on my mates , until i realised its a concealed switch to prevent accidental switching.

:wacko:

UPS has just delivered £100 of cables and adaptors as only the mic inputs and main outs are xlr. everything else is balanced 1/4" jacks. Spaghetti wiring tomorrow night until i get a case and a stage snake sorted.

have i scooped a real bargain or a donkey

well the answer is................donkey. :damn:

3 hours into a gig on sat night we lost front of house. signals going into each channel strip no problem and from there going to the aux/effx no problem but not travelling along the LR bus route. the mast fader levels just disappeared made obvious by the lack of green lights

As the monitors were still on the artists were practically oblivious and as the monitors were quite loud they managed to finsh the song with me tilting the cabs forward.

so it was a very quick swap out to my old and trusted mackie dfx6, obviusly it lacked all the features (and channels) of the peavey but it got us by and barely anybody noticed.

Monday morning i will get to test the customer service of Why Buy New

watch this space!

Q) Why Buy New?

A) To avoid situations like the above! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist the obvious pun, especially given the situation that you found yourself in, but at least you subscribed to the unwritten rule, and that is to always carry back up equipment for key parts of the system.

There is always a bit of a gamble with buying any second hand or 'B' grade stock, but at least you have a 12 month(?), warranty to fall back on. Had it have been a second hand buy, you would either have an expensive looking ornament or be facing an unknown repair bill.

Would be interesting to see how you get on when you contact them on Monday, they seem to have quite a solid reputation, so hopefully you won't have any problems.

Q) Why Buy New?

A) To avoid situations like the above! :D

:lol2:

yes, can say i see the funny side since i managed to wing it. its the firt time (and last) i have ever bought anything like that over t'interweb. fortunately the likes of paypal and visa are very protective of the consumer as i can forsee a problem. it was fine until 3 hours in so a quick bench test will find no faults.

Monday 9am - i contact them and they have offered to pick up the faulty desk, at their cost, and supply a replacement upon receipt of the original. I was offered a refund as an alternative.

will wait to see what happens next as they are 'out of stock' accorording to their website

So will the replacement be a B Grade similar to what you have/had? or out of goodwill are they sending you a brand new one?

Not sure. will have to wait. i made a note of the serial number so at least i know if they try to repair that one

Well they collected yesterday and just this minute i have been given a full refund as they do not have a replacement product or a suitable alternative.

I did have the option of waiting 2-4 weeks for a repair from peavey but declined.

crying shame as its a very good mixer.

100% happy with customer service!

Good result there Dave.

I've browsed their site many times but have never actually bought anything off them, although that's not to say I wouldn't at some stage in the future.

I have heard they offer great customer service and that seems to be well proven here.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk