Dj's United

Has anybody used / is using the Tender Weddings directory?

Just been speaking to a colleague of mine who reports that he has started getting random emails from Tender Weddings every couple of days, with clients enquiries contained on them.

They seem to operate a system similar to Goodparty, whereby you get sent an enquiry containing the basic details, and then pay a fee in order to access the complete enquiry details and be able reply to the client with a quote. I think the fee for Tender Weddings is £2.50

What is strange to him, is that he's never heard of Tender Weddings and never signed up for the service either, the emails just started arriving. The enquiries don't seem to be geographically targeted either, the ones that he has had, have been for events 100's of miles away from his location.

Just wondering if anybody here has actually used them?, gauged the quality of the their leads and actually turned any of these enquiries into paid work?

I have also been getting a lot of unsolicited emails from them as well. Think tomorrow I will craft them an email saying I am going to report them as spammers.

All of the leads they have sent me have been at the other end of the country so pretty useless.

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Apparently Tender Weddings set up an account for me for free.

I've had the same enquiry 3 or 4 times for a wedding in Devon. The only other information is "can you do it" and "how much?"!

Disregarding the fact that I don't cover Devon, it's very difficult to give any idea of price etc. with so little information.

A few days ago I had another enquiry, this time for a venue I'm familiar with, for 2012.

The enquiry mentioned the venue, the date and 50s, 60, 70, 80s, Motown.

I sent an email to Tender Weddings to say that there was simply not enough information. I don't like the idea of "tendering" for jobs anyway because that more or less makes it all about price.

The site owners responded and gave me a credit (normally £2:50) to allow me to respond to the enquirer and to see what would happen.

I sent a comprehensive message plus a .pdf brochure.

Result: Nil.

Can't say I'm surprised. Even if the enquiries supplied enough information I still wouldn't buy them - not at £2:50 each.

Far better for potential clients to be enquiring about my service by finding my website.

Edited by spinner

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated as i'll pass it on to the DJ concerned.

In addition, i've also found something else regarding Tender Weddings on another Wedding Entertainers' website. The original content (posted Feb 8th) has been removed by the Author since it was posted, but you can still read the google cache of it.

Warning:- Tender Weddings

The complaint on the above site, seems to tally exactly with what has been said here. Unsolicited contact, the adding of business details to a directory / mailshot list regardless of the owners wishes or permission and then a very scant email sent containing an 'enquiry' for each event, which may not even be in your locality!. So its not just DJ's they are targeting nor are we the only ones unhappy with their first impressions of the company - I think the statement on the third party site, sums it up perfectly.

I must admit that i'm not a big fan of any company who just adds you to their enquiries database and then starts randomly sending you enquiries without any permission / input / registration from the owner of the business, its very unprofessional and not likely to endear you to the service providers whom you intend to target, and of whom you want to become your customers. :wall:

Even if the enquiries supplied enough information I still wouldn't buy them - not at £2:50 each

Agreed, its probably a fair price if they had a few million unique hits from Google every month, and were ranking alongside sites like Confetti and other Wedding Directories for popular google search terms and everybody was raving about the £1000's worth of work they'd gleaned from it, but at the moment its prohibitively expensive. Especially when you can get a annual listing, and potentially unlimited enquiries on any of the several other, more longer established Wedding Directories for as little as £30 - £50 per year

And as we've read on the other thread, the 'Goodparty' model of paying for enquiries seems to have died a death on the level of success, the number of enquiries and value of the resulting work it provides, at least judging by the feedback from those Dj's who are using it.

I've had the same enquiry yet again, with not enough information and not in my area.

This is it:

The wedding will be held in Exeter, Devon UK.

The date of the wedding is August 18 2012.

You can reply to (First name).

Hello

I would like to know if you can do my wedding and cost please!

Thank

From what i've read around the internet, it seems that there are a lot of people getting sick of these emails and as a result many individual complaints are currently being sent to this companies' domain registrar and hosting company due to the amount of continuous unsolicited emails which are being sent and also the fact that they are adding details of businesses to their mailing list without permission and an active opt-out link.

Hosting companies take these complaints very seriously, as they can be fined heavily if they fail to take action when its brought to their attention, even more so when the complaints are numerous in nature.

Another enquiry arrived 5 minutes ago.

It gives the area (not the venue), the date (but not the times) and a name (forename only).

Apart from the fact that I don't cover London W3, why would anyone pay £2:50 for such incomplete information?

I didn't ask to be listed and I have asked to be removed.

Yet another one appears !!

I have just recieved an email from someone called SuperTed ( honestly) they claim to be an entertainment directory. They have given me a free account and put my main area down as Southend on sea !! :wall:

What absolute idiots, that has put me off them before I even look at their website.

I think I am going to start one.....hmmm now what shall I call it ... send me money for nothing dot com

OK you lot expect an email from me in the very near future giving you all a free listing and putting you down in an area at least 150 miles from you base. I will make up fictitious enquiries and you pay me for them

After all ....How hard can it be ! as Jeremy Clarkson is always saying.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstances am I suggesting that these agencies make up ficticious enquiries i am sure they are all above board. They just irritate me when they spam my inbox and sign me up for something I have not asked for

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Yet another one appears !!

I have just recieved an email from someone called SuperTed ( honestly) they claim to be an entertainment directory. They have given me a free account and put my main area down as Southend on sea !! :wall:

What absolute idiots, that has put me off them before I even look at their website.

I think I am going to start one.....hmmm now what shall I call it ... send me money for nothing dot com

OK you lot expect an email from me in the very near future giving you all a free listing and putting you down in an area at least 150 miles from you base. I will make up fictitious enquiries and you pay me for them

Hmmn I got an email from them today as well.. But at least I was put into Lancashire....

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I seem to be getting a lot of these directories listing me without my knowledge at the moment.

I went down the goodparty route of paying for leads etc and to be honest i didnt enjoy it, so wont be paying for similar site leads.

www.sparklingdiscos.co.uk

www.sparklingdancefloors.co.uk