Dj's United

Datamoons White Strobe.

Hi Guys

Newbie here (sort of). lol

having read most of the forums on here about NJD Datamoons, one big problem a lot of guys seem concerned about is the 'White Strobe Effect' of these lights, Me too!

I wasn't concerned about this just didn't like it, I use on average 4 DM's per gig, along with other stuff. Usually 2 on the trussing and two on floor pointing up, looks awsome with a bit of haze.

Anyway what I didn't like was when 4 DM's hit the white light, it lights up the room too much, strobe or not, just didn't like the white!

The solution is simple, Contact NJD, tel. 01744 745000 and order a new diachrolic piece of glass, the type they fit already to the gobo disk, I paid 95p per piece, one per light, you choose the colour.

yes your light will have two gobo's the same colour but any colour is better than the white! Now you will get a different colour strobe, if you put a different colour in each unit as I did, 4 DM's strobing similtaniously all different colours looks great!

Simply glue glass in place with clear (translucent) silicone (B&Q) dont try anything else it'll fall of due to heat from bulb. Dont put too much on either, be carful not to get any in middle of glass, just the edges.

Anyway this simple procedure worked a treat for me, hope it does for you guys, good luck.

Goochie.

Exeter.

www.sherwoodentertainments.co.uk

The strobe is "ok", but I've got a weird one where the spirals are dark blue on one and purple on the other.. Not sure what the colour is supposed to be or if the gobo wheel was made in a different facility (both serial numbers seem indicate they were built around the same time).

White is alright I've found, as most floors are some sort of wooden floor, so most light doesn't reflect back off of it.. Also i have settings (override buttons) for all-white, all-blue, etc. etc. for other lights in my "rig"...

Otherwise, good post on how to customise your Datamoon a little ! :)

Cheers,

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

The strobe is "ok", but I've got a weird one where the spirals are dark blue on one and purple on the other.. Not sure what the colour is supposed to be or if the gobo wheel was made in a different facility (both serial numbers seem indicate they were built around the same time).

White is alright I've found, as most floors are some sort of wooden floor, so most light doesn't reflect back off of it.. Also i have settings (override buttons) for all-white, all-blue, etc. etc. for other lights in my "rig"...

Otherwise, good post on how to customise your Datamoon a little ! :)

Cheers,

David

I like the white setting - find it good for first and last dances!