Dj's United

Mackie Thump Active Speakers

>

been hearing mixed reviews on these now

some good, some really bad

i think i might hold out and get some rcf 715a or qsc k12/15

you really need to find a decent stockist and go to see and hear for yourself. also consider what you are doing week in week out. do you need such a powerful cab? IMO the mackie srm 450's (£900) are a bit harsh and investing that bit more in qsc/rcf is worth it.

you may want to consider the rcf 4 series - 412/415's . (£1200/£1250). we used a set of 422's last week in a large school hall and they were spot on, pleanty of power with a very respectable bottom end considering such a small cab.

i use the rcf 712's and have absolutely no complants other than why did i bother buying a sub - hardly use it.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

haha he would never let me loose with them. he's fussy like that. everythings gotta be perfect if i gave them back he would find a problem haha

are the rcf 712a as good as the 715a

cant say unfortunately, i stopped demo'ing before i spent even more money

1db extra on the spl, 1 kg heavier and £140 dearer.

all i can say is that i can happily do all of my gigs (inc proms with 250 16yr olds in big school halls) without a shadow of a doubt.

my sub (RCF 902as) is mainly for extra bottom end and clarity rather than extra vol, when i know i have time to setup with good access. it does add a new dimension to the overall sound but not necessary 90% of the time

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk