Dj's United

Rgb Colour Mixing Compatability

Morning all

I have a question....(I know another one!)

Does anyone out there use more than one brand / manfacturer of led RGB colour lighting units?

either par 56 , 64, panels, bars etc you get the idea!

The reason I am asking is that I am considering adding more of these units to my current set up which comprises 10 Acme RGB 192 panels and two Acme CF-805 bars. I am considering a number of either par 56 /64 cans as they would fit into corners better than the panels do would a couple of these lights say from American DJ for example give the same shade of colour as the acme? or if not would the difference be that noticeable?

So I am after experiences or combinations others use for results and considerations, or light units to avoid!

Thankyou once again, these posts and the time taken by individuals to reply is greatfully received and appreciated :pro:

Morning all

I have a question....(I know another one!)

Does anyone out there use more than one brand / manfacturer of led RGB colour lighting units?

either par 56 , 64, panels, bars etc you get the idea!

The reason I am asking is that I am considering adding more of these units to my current set up which comprises 10 Acme RGB 192 panels and two Acme CF-805 bars. I am considering a number of either par 56 /64 cans as they would fit into corners better than the panels do would a couple of these lights say from American DJ for example give the same shade of colour as the acme? or if not would the difference be that noticeable?

So I am after experiences or combinations others use for results and considerations, or light units to avoid!

Thankyou once again, these posts and the time taken by individuals to reply is greatfully received and appreciated :pro:

I think the biggest problem you may face if you want to master slave all the units is that different brands could use different dmx channels for different features. For example the acme may use channels for specific colours and american dj use these channels for dimmng or something simular. for true sucess you would need to run full dmx.

as far as actual colour matching goes im not sure but as i am using 4 american dj par 64pro cans tonight and somebody else is bringing 2 led par panels (not sure which) i may get the chance to have a look.

I do know that american dj has done something quite unusual in that they have matched a lot of their led wash products so they do work master slave. The new Megabar RC (Remote Control) works with the normal megabars and all the led par cans etc. This is unusual as normally you would expect different products to work with different protocols forcing us to buy more compatible products.

personally i would use fixtures from the same manufacturer and the acme led flats may be the best option

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

had a quick test last night and could not see any noticable difference in colour between the american dj led par 64 pro cans and the ledj stratos panels. obviously the beam angle between the cans and panels was vastly different

i never had the chance to dmx them all together in master slave mode to see what happened though as we needed the cans and panels doing someing different

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk