Dj's United

I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on this one!

I've been doing karaoke via laptop/pc (yes I used to carry a full pc & monitor around lol) for well over 10 years but in the last two or three I've been plagued by this very odd occurrence, I’m reluctant to use the word ‘problem’ because it just makes me laugh.

I use zipped Mp3+g tracks on an external hard drive and once per gig (and never more than once) the track will play up to the normal 10 sec cue point, the title screen displayed as normal but then instead of the right music another backing track would play! But not any other random track, it was always the same one! It was ‘My Way’ by Sinatra, I even made a little game of it and called it the My Way lottery where by whoever got My Way instead of their music, I would buy them a drink.

Anyway, after about six months of that I got fed up with it and tried formatting the laptop and reinstalling everything, no luck, the same thing carried on.

So then I tried a brand new drive, transferred all the tracks to that and success! Until the last few weeks…

I’ve now got the same thing happening again! But, not the same song this time, now it’s ‘Take A Chance On Me’ by Abba!

Any idea what on Earth could cause this?

Not really that concerned, as I said above, it cracks me up but would love to know why it does it!

Cheers guys.

TC

Gremlins !

Do I get the beer :joe:

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

not got a clue but what software are you using ?

any other details of equipment used may also be useful.

have you tried altering the file that randomly plays from the present location to another on the hard drive and see if it picks another by itself?

have you checked for fragmentation of the drive?

how were the zips created ? what software?

these questions may help but i am not holding my breath it does sound like gremlins :D

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Not sure if this will lead you to a solution, but there is a similar problem with the HD-2500 when using a playlist. If you have more than 12 songs in a playlist and you then 'fiddle' with the other player whilst the playlist is running, it shows that it's moved on to the next song, but the audio is whatever the 2nd track in your playlist is. It was stated that it was a software glitch and it would appear that you have something similar where the glitch takes you to your default song, originally My Way but when you've reformatted the drive, the location of your default song is now ABBA. You don't say what Karaoke software you're using. Is it up to date as this glitch may have been resolved with an update?

Not sure if this will lead you to a solution, but there is a similar problem with the HD-2500 when using a playlist. If you have more than 12 songs in a playlist and you then 'fiddle' with the other player whilst the playlist is running, it shows that it's moved on to the next song, but the audio is whatever the 2nd track in your playlist is. It was stated that it was a software glitch and it would appear that you have something similar where the glitch takes you to your default song, originally My Way but when you've reformatted the drive, the location of your default song is now ABBA. You don't say what Karaoke software you're using. Is it up to date as this glitch may have been resolved with an update?

(a bit off-topic / sideways). What version of tthe firmware was this for the HD-2500?

Cheers

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]