Dj's United

Hi all. I'm new to this board.....

I have been messing about at mobile disco's since time began. Never seriously, but I seem to have found a bit of a niche (is that how you spell it?) sticking to 70's and 80's 'cheese' and party music for people of my age (no, I'm not going to own up to exactly how old!). :spin:

When I started, I was 14, my decks were in a 'coffin' that was about 6ft long, had a record deck at each end, and had no more than 4 buttons on the mixer. I think the speakers must have been made by binatone.

I have no interest in scratching, seemless mixing or house music! I like to just try and play stuff that makes people say 'blimey I remember this one!'.

I have decided to upgrade some of my stuff, so I'll be posting some questions later today about what to buy. I need help with speakers and lights.

I have read the forums while I've been at work...I have a shift job that has quiet times for me to log on and read...and there are some really helpful people on here. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

:welcome: to the forum nice intro.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.