Dj's United

The Best Speakers....?

..so the 250w lights will be needed.

Last question....I weighed the speakers as advised using the bathroom scales! 30.9 kg, so 1 kilo over the max advised for the tripods I've seen...is that too risky?

The Datamoons come with a switch to dim the bulb slightly which may be useful to you - its main function is to extend the bulb life - Most won't notice its a bit dimmer on laminate / parque floors... (I think i spelled that right).

Ant the Last (but not last!) question - Get some higher rated speaker tripods, the speakers are over the limit and there's no point in risking it either..

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Thanks again chaps! I have just signed up with DJ PLI....Bargain!!

I did have to think of a name for my disco, so from now on I'm 'Galaxy Entertainment'. Suggestions for a slogan welcome. 'for a night that's out of this world' etc etc.

I have found a pair of NJD 250w lights with a flight case and controller which I will get.

Almost there now, just need speaker stands and I'm ready.

Oh, and a lighting stand I guess!

Thanks to everyone that chipped in to help with all my questions!

Thanks again chaps! I have just signed up with DJ PLI....Bargain!!

I did have to think of a name for my disco, so from now on I'm 'Galaxy Entertainment'. Suggestions for a slogan welcome. 'for a night that's out of this world' etc etc.

I have found a pair of NJD 250w lights with a flight case and controller which I will get.

Almost there now, just need speaker stands and I'm ready.

Oh, and a lighting stand I guess!

Thanks to everyone that chipped in to help with all my questions!

Glad to hear you are geting there Slim, did you get the speakers on ebay, use paypal etc as you really need to talk to the seller about this. he/she was probably unaware anyway and i would certasinly question the 2 different cabs anyway

Re the name thing

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away..................

Sorry just had to. :hide:

seriously good luck and keep us up to date with your progression.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Yes, I did get them on ebay. I have contacted the seller and he is not aware of any changes, he said he's never had the covers off. To be honest, having seen the build up of dust and muck behind the covers I do believe him.

I've cleaned them up and painted the grills and they look like new now, so I'm going to listen to them with the new amp and see how they perform before I do anything. If I don't think they sound right, I may just sell them as they weren't expensive and replace them.

I may buy an extra pair anyhow so I have 4 speakers and more power as I'd then be down to 4 Ohms, and with my new found knowledge of Ohms, I know my amp will give out more power then.

I missed out on the NJD's as the ad was removed from ebay, but I did get some speaker stands that take 35kg.

Right, back to ebay for some lights!!!

'Galaxy Entertainment, we'll take you to infinity and beyond'. I hope Buzz doesn't mind me borrowing his catchphrase!

Got the Peavey amp.

Now, it states that it gives 450w at 4 Ohms and 600 at 2 Ohms, but makes no mention of 8 Ohms. Does that mean it's not suitable for a pair of 8 Ohm speakers?

If not, if I buy another pair of 8Ohms and connect them to the existing ones, will I be ok then??

It's lke my own little problem page isn't t?

Thanks!

Got the Peavey amp.

Now, it states that it gives 450w at 4 Ohms and 600 at 2 Ohms, but makes no mention of 8 Ohms. Does that mean it's not suitable for a pair of 8 Ohm speakers?

If not, if I buy another pair of 8Ohms and connect them to the existing ones, will I be ok then??

It's lke my own little problem page isn't t?

Thanks!

It should work with 8Ohm speakers, just you'll only get about 270w per channel out of it, rather than 450w per channel...

Manual for it is here (may not show quite the same input/outputs as yours, as it looks like an older revision with jack inputs and binding post outputs): http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80304316.pdf

Cheers,

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Thanks for your reply Gadget, I'll print off the manual, handy to have to hand anyway!

Last question....Honest!!!

I have seen some Peavey 115 Series 111 speakers that I was thinking of getting to go with mine.

These definitely have Black widows in them!

My question is, these speakers are 400w RMS and 8 Ohm.

If I add them to my HiSys 2 XT's, my amp then gives out 450w per channel....will they be man enough? Does the 450w per cahnnel get shared between the speakers?

Thanks all