Dj's United

Hi

Any suggestions where to off load my vinyl collection? Currently advertised on e-bay but not looking good... 99p start and no bids for over 2000 records!!!!

I did a search before posting this thread and there have been a few similar questions but with no real replies of a constructive nature other than "DON'T DO IT", LOL! (i'm keeping my favourites and the best condition SL1210 out of the pair).

I know i won't get a fortune for them but they're going nowhere for 99p.

Warren.

I am afraid that unless you are prepared to go to some length you will find very few takers.The days of vinyl are long gone and very few if any people are interested in vinyl collections.

I remember trying to get rid of a load to a second hand dealer and he just wasnt interested.

Car boot sales is your best bet.

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Get a copy of the Record Collector Price Guide so that you can check the values of any that might be sought after.

That apart, if you put them on Ebay individually at a 99p starting price (say 10 or 20 at a time) you may have more success.

Edited by spinner

I would assume that most dj vinyl collections contain very few collectables,just the 'run of the mill' chart and dance music of the time.

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

I would assume that most dj vinyl collections contain very few collectables,just the 'run of the mill' chart and dance music of the time.

I think this is the big problem to be honest.

I put them on e-bay 4 years ago just before i moved house and cancelled the auction a day before it was due to finish as they'd "only" gone up to £200... HUGE MISTAKE! Now i'd rip someone's hand off if they offered me £200.

We all live and learn :(

Depends on the type of DJ.

I've made a lot of money selling 45s I bought in the 60's and 70's (mostly blues, soul R&B with some very rare pop).

From one bout of selling I paid for replacement windows for my house.

If you have only 100 discs worth £20 each (and I've had plenty that sold for a lot more than that) the proceeds will be quite substantial.