Dj's United

does any one have one and if so how the hell do you make a plylist for it ? :( :wall:

Do you mean "import" an existing playlist (ie .pls file), or create a playlist on the D2?

I think the D2 works in a similar way to the DDS (ok...the other way around..lol), so you simply do;

Libary->Playlist->Create New (and rename)

Then locate the tracks you want (search etc), and there is an option to place into a playlist.

If you want to import a playlist (created in your favorite PC based medial player), then I think it needs to be in a .pls format, and running the PC librarian will pick it up and create a playlist on the D2.

Jason

thanks guys,

SPINNER i have the manual but not really helpfull :( ,

VOKF i tried your first suggestion, doing it on the D2 takes kin ages :( , really would like to do it on the pc a lot quicker i think :Thumbup: . Do I need to make a file on the hdd im using and name it ".pls" ??

Thanks again :dukesy:

Edited by flash911

thanks guys,

SPINNER i have the manual but not really helpfull :( ,

VOKF i tried your first suggestion, doing it on the D2 takes kin ages :( , really would like to do it on the pc a lot quicker i think :Thumbup: . Do I need to make a file on the hdd im using and name it ".pls" ??

Thanks again :dukesy:

Hi,

I really can't comment on the D2 (DDS user here), but from the DDS Manual (I understand the DDS is basically a faster D2 with colour screen);

Playlists in the format PLS or M3U will be included in the library, if present.

So... find a PC/Mac application that will create PLS or M3U playlists. Create this playlist from the D2 Harddrive, and save the playlist back onto the drive.

Then... run the librarian tool to import it.

I'd suggest using a USB stick whilst your playing around -ie not many tracks to index. The libraian takes ages, but is often wildly out (so jumps from 3 days to 2hrs , then 7 mins within a very short time.

Jason

thanks Jason.

just found another problem.

I invest in a 1TB sata hdd and bought a caddy/case for it (usb-ata/atapi bridge) loaded some test tracks did the librarian bit on it and the D2 wont even see it. I know the drive works as the music is on it .

I have been on to the Numark web site and it says D2 can use NTFS, FAT and a couple of others but no mention of exFAT. formatted hdd in NTFS , didnt work, so tried exFAT as my pc doesnt have FAT 32, still no joy.

Could the problem be the connection ? ie SATA as oppossed to IDE ? :blush: