Dj's United

Numark Stereo Io With Virtual Dj

Has anybody used a NumarkStereoIO to connect their laptop (using virtual DJ) to their mixer through the line in?

I am looking for a cheap/reliable solution to connect my laptop to my mixer, and using just a straight cable from the headphone socket to the mixer seems to be giving me the unwanted HUMMMMM! I've ordered a ground loop iscolator (waiting for it to arrive) but was also wondering if I would get much more of an improvement using the Numark StereoIO?

Does anyone here use a Numark StereoIO and whats your thoughts?.... Many Thanks in Advance!

Edited by superstardeejay

Thanks Spinner, will order one on Monday and let you know how it goes, just wanted something stable thats been tried and tested, usually im a CD man all the way but virtual DJ just makes it sooo much easier to handle requests ;)

the numark unit does seem to help reduce the dreaded hum, but doesnt solve it entirely, its still advised to pop a ground loop isolator on it before the mixer

However, the sound quality should be alot nicer than just using the headphone socket, (plus the headphone sockets can wear out quite quickly) so its definately worth doing!

I had one of those as a backup unit but only used it a couple of times, worked flawlessly any time I used it but replaced it with an RMX because I needed MIDI control. It's a pretty stable unit and does exactly what it is supposed to, never had a problem with hum, that is most likely your laptops power supply rather than the connection between laptop and mixer, some are noisy and some are not, a ground loop isolator (pair) should solve the problem, if not post again and I'm sure somebody will have a solution.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

Thanks Mickey, how many ground loop iscolators would i need, just one from laptop>stereoio>ground loop iscolator>mixer??

Two of these between the DJ IO and your mixer should help, they just go on the ends of regular RCA cables. Like I said I never had a problem with hum thankfully so never really used them but they may solve your problem, I have seen them cheaper elsewhere so best to shop around.

www.tipperarypartydj.com