Dj's United

Laser Sound To Light Probem - Funky Pheonix

I have a Funky Pheonix, Green laser which has a sound to light option and an Auto show mode, the problem is the laser works fine on auto but as soon as I switch it over to sound to light it just emits a green fuzz and does not react to music or beats at all...

Any ideas guys?

Thanks for the help, I will give have a look this afternoon if I get chance and let you know.

It was fine from new but its been stored (in a house in a non damp place) for about 2 years and ive recently brought it over to Cyprus with me so I can use it with my rig out here.

you dont hear of it much anymore, but microphones used to go all the time!

If its a round microphone, you can usually just solder a new one in

this would be my first presumption, although lasers dont work that well sound to light anyway, i often leave mine on Auto mode!

Yeah I suspect its the Mic - everything else looked fine when I took it apart, although didnt have a multimeter to check continuety (cant spell to tired :P ).

For what its worth I will just leave it on Auto mode, not really worth taking apart as I dont think id actually use a laser much at wedding functions. So will most likely give it until it packs in and get a new one ;)

Thanks for your input though guys, really appreciated :)